Vp4 uconnect in a 2018 ram 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frederic noel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi guy's my friend have a 2018 ram 2500 with the uconnect 4c canada version think is UCQ but he's having trouble with the delamination screen that's bug out really bad , I have a vp4 on shelf ready to put in his truck , will it cause problem ? Like Bu cam , cargo cam, steering wheel heat , seats etc... I know he gonna miss the Apple carplay and AA but beside that anyone test it out already ? Thnx

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Best thing to do is try it and see. But you can also try replacing the digitizer on the bad unit. 2018 did have that delamination problem.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Best thing to do is try it and see. But you can also try replacing the digitizer on the bad unit. 2018 did have that delamination problem.
I'll pile on this and say that screen prices have fallen drastically and replacing the whole screen assembly is easier than just the digitizer.

OP
OP
frederic noel

frederic noel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did repair mine in my truck , no need to replace the digitizer or the screen , you need to remove the glue between the 2 but it took me almost 3 hours to get it cleaned on my truck and I'm not interested to re-do to he's radio, that's why I'm asking if someone have done the switch from a UAQ/UCQ to a VP4 ( OLDER ) model and if it glitch with control or the hvac module?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I did repair mine in my truck , no need to replace the digitizer or the screen , you need to remove the glue between the 2 but it took me almost 3 hours to get it cleaned on my truck and I'm not interested to re-do to he's radio, that's why I'm asking if someone have done the switch from a UAQ/UCQ to a VP4 ( OLDER ) model and if it glitch with control or the hvac module?
It will work...
Is it a USA -NA or Canadian -CA VP4?

To add to @SitKneelBend 's post...

OeAutoTronics sells a verified LG SL03 screen/digitizer assembly for about $250 (I've used this one).

and then there are much cheaper SL02 units now that may or may not have issues for less than half of that at $115
(knockoffs? Lower grade/ repaired defect units? old production runs? IDK)

---- Other useful info/Links ----

(see SitKneelBend’s info where you can find it)

How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio POST 3051

>> He recommends replacing the original Thermal Pads while you’re in there, I did (Arctic Thermal Pad 145 x 145 x 1.5 mm - Silicone Based Thermal Pad).

>>> Some of my posts 8.4 Uconnect touch screen delaminating Post 209 and Post 223 about it.

YouTube - 2017 2018 HOW TO REPLACE Replacement 8.4" Uconnect 4C UAQ LCD MONITOR Touch-Screen Radio Navigation

You Tube – (Factory Radio Parts) - How to disassemble and repair the Uconnect 4 & 4C 8.4 Inch Touchscreen UAS & UAQ Panasonic Radio

DavicArm_0 (C&H Car Stereo) is reputable << VIDEO >> How to Fix Delaminating OR Bubbles 8.4" U-connect VP3 VP4 LCD MONITOR Touch-Screen Radio Navigation

Also recommend this...

Amazon.com: 2X BROTECT Matte Screen Protector for Uconnect 8.4 (Ram 1500/2500 / 3500 / Chassis Cab), Matte, Anti-Glare, Anti-Scratch: GPS & Navigation

www.amazon.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
frederic noel

frederic noel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yes
It will work...
Is it a USA -NA or Canadian -CA VP4?
yes for both radio , the actual radio in the truck is a canadian version UCQ and the one i have on shelf is a VP4 also canadian all of the two have navigation , i was asking question because i was affraid of mis compatibility with the HVAC or display button for the heated seats and steering wheel etc... thnx for confirming