Weird noise/surge/feel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfral087

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Hi all, first post. I’ve got this weird issue that I can’t find info on. Of course when I bring it to the mechanic it doesn’t act up.
For months now only at start up the truck starts right up but for 2-3 second it runs like it’s in low gear and while doing that it sounds like the older 5.9 Cummins sound… sorta more diesely if that makes sense.

But that’s not all…

Lately while sitting in traffic or it also happens when I am driving at consistently lower speed like 30-40 the truck will fell like it’s dropping into low gear (really throttle jumpy yet sorta sluggish at the same time) and will make that same gravely 5.9 Cummins sound. When it feels like it’s dropping into lower gear the truck surges forward which is very noticeable when sitting in traffic.

I just had transmission work done on the truck which didn’t help anything. The TC was slipping and the overdrive plates were totally worn out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!