Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Yes the pix was taken while 2 semi trucks with their loads, 6 California Highway Patrol vehicles & 4 Pilot Cars gathered to have our Safety Meeting, we had to take two full lanes of the Roads, we headed West to Ogilby Road, then North to Highway 78, then Westward again to the
The Mesquite Mine, operated by Equinox Gold, is located near Glamis, Imperial County, California. It is one of the largest gold mines in the United States.

Different Drummer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
Yes the pix was taken while 2 semi trucks with their loads, 6 California Highway Patrol vehicles & 4 Pilot Cars gathered to have our Safety Meeting, we had to take two full lanes of the Roads, we headed West to Ogilby Road, then North to Highway 78, then Westward again to the
The Mesquite Mine, operated by Equinox Gold, is located near Glamis, Imperial County, California. It is one of the largest gold mines in the United States.
I am from the East but know the roads and areas you describe very well. We spent 8 years wintering in a MH on BLM land in and around the area. I remember using Ogilby road to cross over to Blyth and the Ehrenberg, AZ area when we did not want to use 95 up through Quartzsite. Did a ton of off roading all throughout the area as well as in the KOFA. Got chased off the back side of the "paving grounds" once! Brought back memories seeing the water tanks. We used to see you guys with the massively wide loads and unique multi wheeled trailers parked at the Az / CA check point all the time.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I was hired to Esc•rt several concrete jail cells
I met the semis & loads at the East end of Quartzite,
we used the 95 to reach Yuma, then used the I-8 to reach the San Diego area.
Each Wide Load took 2 days, we made 2 trips per week

We delivered enough jail cells to make a complete two story, Federal ICE Immigration Facility

1716065651014.png

OP
OP
gwuhesos

gwuhesos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7