What did you say when you saw your truck for the first time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doggerdave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
She ain’t no Toyota but she’ll do for a couple years until I can afford one!

NASCAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7L Turbo
3B87B6EA-84DE-4EA2-80F7-7D0A3187F0EC.jpeg B6ED8A22-A893-478B-88D5-BA87B2D97608.jpeg That’s ours babe. Besides the dirt from the long train ride to Ca., it was built just like we had ordered. Even with the dirt, this 2020 2500 Laramie Diesel is beautiful.

CaptOchs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was either "how much can it tow?" or "not another gray vehicle!" My Charger is nearly the same color. lol. I really liked it though compared to other trucks. This was well taken care of.

Other trucks I looked at at:
  • Cave explorer? Stupid aftermarket lights everywhere. Stupidly loud aftermarket exhaust.
  • A $25k rust bucket. Rockers, frame, chrome, etc. Worst of rust was touched up with a rattle can.
  • Came with winter tires only. This was June. Pointed that out. Offered to sell new tires (add to price.)
  • Forest explorer. Looks like someone drive 50mph into a thicket. Body beat completely up, still wanted $27k. Think a rabid racoon got loose inside based on the interior.
  • Cheech and Chong's truck. No amount of detailing got rid of the smoke. I wouldn't put my family in that.
I really hate vehicle shopping. I drive 45 minutes away to finally find what I was looking for.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
When it showed up I jokingly told the driver to hurry up and get it off the f***ing trailer.

In kind, he asked how big of a hurry I was in...with a smirky grin.

I bought that man a beer.

michaelm_ski

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter
First thing I said is I want that truck ! My brother-in-law bought it from a guy who had it parked in his yard with a blown engine for 16 years and when he towed it home I knew I wanted it !!!!

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I’m a putz. Every new vehicle I buy I’m thinking, “I sure hope their details guy knows how to not scratch the clear coat.” So when I pic it up, I’m looking close. (I usually buy black). I’ve got a new black Power Wagon on order, and I’ll be telling the shop to put their best guy on it. Like I said, I’m a putz. I gotta learn to enjoy those moments like the rest of you all!

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
I’m a putz. Every new vehicle I buy I’m thinking, “I sure hope their details guy knows how to not scratch the clear coat.” So when I pic it up, I’m looking close. (I usually buy black). I’ve got a new black Power Wagon on order, and I’ll be telling the shop to put their best guy on it. Like I said, I’m a putz. I gotta learn to enjoy those moments like the rest of you all!
hey man, listen, I'm just like you, don't touch a thing, i wouldn't let them detail it or even wash off all the little blue crayon marks all over the body from the factory. Ill do all that myself. When i showed up to take ownership almost a yr ago now in April, covid had just started to be taken seriously and i told my sm to park it out in the open parking lot with nobody around and I would be doing my inspection and when I was ready if it was satisfactory to me I would then come find him. I showed up with my 11 pg build sheet and it took me 3 hrs to go all over and under and check every little component . Everything was absolutely perfect and i stressed for 3 months for nothing, she was perfect. Congrats and good luck

Dragon62

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
"Well I don't know, my current one has..." but then I said "ok, deal." I keep comparing my last truck to what I was newly looking for, I didn't want to give up any conveniences. (power & heated seats, sun roof, lifted 6", 35x12.5 nittos, power steps, back window) so I got most of what I wanted and needed to put out just a few things. I got a Blk diamond Bighorn, nice seating-- heated cloth, sun roof / panoramic top, 12" uconn, power back window. since then I added the power AMP steps, 3.5" lift, replaced tires with 35" Nittos RG's.
My first RAM well see... 10 prior GM's to a Ram.

20201120_115756.jpg

1a.jpg

Cardale

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Never said anything out loud, yet the internal monologue went something like this "Wow I was going out to look for a motorcycle today but man look at this truck. How do I rationalize this. Oh I know, I will give my paid off truck to my son, yeah I am doing a good thing for him.... Yeah that's what I will tell everyone I didn't do it for me I did it for him, I will seem like a good parent....but its so for me".

Old Norse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They put the **** radio in this one of course.