What plugs in to R23A2 connector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm looking for the part number of the male connector that plugs in to a R23A2 female connector. Google has let me down, Pigtails.com doesn't say. Can someone help a guy out?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
OP
OP
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
SKB, I recently started using that site, entirely because you posted a link in another thread about TPMS issues. It is extremely helpful, except I haven't found where it might reference corresponding components. Great site though

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
SKB, I recently started using that site, entirely because you posted a link in another thread about TPMS issues. It is extremely helpful, except I haven't found where it might reference corresponding components. Great site though
Got it...can you provide any more details on what you are plugged into or trying to plug into?

OP
OP
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The R23A2 female connector is for the horns, which I am replacing with PIAA 85115. I don't want to butcher either side of the connector, because I might want to revert to stock. The male connector on the horn side is built in to the housing. In most applications for the R23A2 female connector, the male side tends to be part of the component, and not a pigtail, but this type of connector was used in many many applications (thanks to your link), so there must be a male pigtail somewhere.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ok, Are you sure it's a connector and not an entire module (like a spot on the clockpring) that this plugs into? Have you seen the male connector you are looking for and just want to know the part number? Do you have a picture of the mail connector?

Edit: Just saw your next reply so only my last question is valid.

OP
OP
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
SKB, There was supposed to be a smiley at the end of that statement. In no way was I Making light of your assistance.
It just seems there should be a ying for that yang.

OP
OP
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I might be wrong in my assumption that there must exist a male pigtail. Using the connector site, I did a search for male 2 pins, songwriter like 9 results. Searching all female 2 pins, many dozens.

So I'm thinking my next "least intrusive" portion is wire taps, and I hate those sketchy things

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
I think that the ABS sensor uses the same connector - maybe cut an end off one of those? (not the one already in use on the truck) :)

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have not come across a pic of a male pigtail yet, but I also haven't seen a jackalope, and we all know they exist
Lol, I ask because I was wondering if this was a bespoke plug specific to a Chrysler module but I think you might have been coming to the same conclusion. I find a lot of stuff on this site...

Conversely, you may be able to find a used module that this plugs into and disassemble it to make your own?

OP
OP
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think that the ABS sensor uses the same connector - maybe cut an end off one of those? (not the one already in use on the truck) :)
It sure looks like it would work, but they don't sell a pigtail for those, I don't have an old one in the shelf, and the breaker yards around here don't have Rams. I'll see if the ton of wrecked chargers use the same sensor. If not, my neighbor has a Ram, and he still hasn't returned my mower.....

OP
OP
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
SKB, I agree those look real close. I went ahead and ordered one, and I can cut one of the ends off to use. Of course it was made for a Ford, so I expect my horn to break down real soon.

Thank you all, I will post after I receive the plug

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OOPs, a technical difficulty occurred.

I wanted to post the waterproof automotive connector assembly video, scrapping the rewiring plan after seeing this latest post from SKB.

The connector assembly lesson follows along with demo'd errors to avoid. :cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
SKB, you rock. That wasn't just close, that was exact. I cleaned it up a bit, shortened the leads to just reach the posts. I do not like things rattlin' 'round.
I do find it a bit odd that Ford uses the very same connectors, but I didn't see where the R23A2 was Ford thing.
1000002406.jpg1000002408.jpg