Who has the best quality running boards and Tonneau cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weekiman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking for a cover that won't leak nor easy to break in and sturdy running boards.

Scott SK

Reaction score
Ram Year
I just got a hard tonneau cover from TEAMZ, and both the price and quality are very good. I live in Canada and I'm not sure if they sell in the US.

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went and got the Oedro running boards that are/were advertised here. Really love them - adds splash to the truck without going overboard. See my pic. They're sturdy as all get out (torque them correctly!), and they're tough. Had zero issues and (mostly) easy to install.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IDK if you were considering a hard cover or soft cover (??).

The one on my 2012 is a Truxedo vinyl roll-up cover which came on the truck when new. It's a real common brand and the nice thing is parts (and repl. cover are avail). The cover is still good...even after many bitterly cold winters. I try not to roll it up when it's real cold out ...to avoid cracking the vinyl ...unless it's sunny (warm vinyl). But it's getting a little stiff on the ends. I'll probably put a new vinyl cover on it in a yr or two. The main thing I like is it rolls up pretty tight to the rear of the truck in seconds, when I need to haul things. It's low profile, doesn't impede rear vision when rolled up. It's always done a great job keeping the water out. So, I've been happy with it.

It's the only one I've used on the Ram, so I can't speak of others. Truxedo also has hard cover units too. If you have a big dog which likes to jump up on the truck, a sturdy hard cover might be a good idea (or maybe a soft cover would keep them from wanting to jump on it in the first place??). Good luck whatever you get.

Last edited:

Warlock2024

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I ordered Mopar running boards and a Retrax Retractable cover when I bought mine in March. I know it hasn't been very long, but the cover is awesome!

Jerrybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a Leer Fiberglass cover.....I believe the model was a 700. Looks great....color match is perfect......meets our needs.......well made.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It's difficult to recommend either a bed cover or steps without knowing how you use your truck and the purpose for those items. There are tons of choices and you'll get too many suggestions which can be overwhelming.

For the bed cover, are you wanting to keep things dry, are you just wanting to keep things in without the need to secure them, or are you looking to securely store things in the bed?

For the steps, are you wanting them for looks, for function, or for rocker protection? If you off-road, you'll want steps that don't stick out or down too far from the truck. Rock rails or low profile steps might be a good option. But they are almost useless as actual steps. Another option would be power steps. They stow away nicely but are very usable for steps. If you want side steps for looks you might want something that sticks out from the truck so that they're noticeable.