Will a 90mm throttle body help any

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have a 2016 1500 5.7 Hemi 4x4
i already have Kooks header and kooks green dual cats.
Followed by a a Borla cat back.
Will adding a 9omm throttle body show any benefits,
i don't wand to do an intake swap just yet.

Thanks for any and all input
Hopefully you're making a joke.Just for the record your truck uses the exact same throttle body as the 485 horse Scatpack 392's/6.4's use,and even on them,the throttle body is one of the last mods you do,long after doing headers/cam/ported heads etc.,and you have a long ways to go,to come close to the airflow a 485 hp 6.4 requires.
Don't fall for the hype,save your money on the throttle body,and use it towards a mod that'll actually give you some benefit.
Throw in the fact your intake manifold opening is roughly 84/85mm,to make a 90mm throttle body work,you'll have to port the intake opening on either a 5.7 or 6.4 intake manifold.
The only bigger throttle body in that size range,that's any good is the Hellcat throttle body with an adapter,as it's made to actual OEM standards,the aftermarket throttle bodies in the 90 mm range,still have aways to go to matching OEM standards,especially the BBK one.

Last edited: