Window tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
yrs ago I did my tractor windows, they are quite high so sun is always in your face,
I don't know what % it was , , great during the day, but when night came ,you where screwed, so I cut it back to just about eye level. I don't think there was any factor tint, it was a'85 tractor. I have done some south facing house, shop windows in the past. New windows I order tinted window for the house, not very dark, but really helps for heat in the summer.

Spree

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I added 20% to both front side windows to match the back on my truck, any darker than that and I have problems seeing out at night.
I bought a 24 Nissan for my wife and the dealer tinted all windows to 20%. They said that's the only percentage they use.
35% is legal in Indiana, but the law doesn't bother you unless it's super dark.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
I added 20% to both front side windows to match the back on my truck, any darker than that and I have problems seeing out at night.
I bought a 24 Nissan for my wife and the dealer tinted all windows to 20%. They said that's the only percentage they use.
35% is legal in Indiana, but the law doesn't bother you unless it's super dark.
That's generally the case where I live. No one gets pulled over for dark tint most of the time. The exception to that is when they do their seat belt emphasis patrol week. I had a used '97 2-door Tahoe that came with 5% limo tint on all windows. It was great during the hot summer days but I had to roll down the windows at night when I wanted to use my mirrors to back up. Anyway, a county deputy pulled me over. He couldn't see if I had my seat belo on or not LOL. I had my seat belt on of course but he couldn't tell with the dark tint. $125 ticket was all it took for me to keep the tint level within 5% of the legal limit, which I believe was recently changed to 25%.

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
nice of them to do that. some dealers refuse to tint windows. I agree tho, it makes a big difference with that sun beating on you
To be completely correct, Lexus did it in their trim and accessories shop. RAM sent me to an independent shop they have used and picked up the bill for it.

SigEp418

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi BTS Edition
even here in south kentucky the cops have window tint....20% on the front sides. 20% is the legal limit.

i've had darker tint on rear windows and it really makes it hard to see at night backing up.
Monticello? I live up in Louisville in Jefferson county. My sisters first husband was a Fletcher from Monticello. They owned one of the pharmacies in town and met at Georgetown College in Scott county. I grew up in Loretto, Marion county, home of Makers Mark. Small world!