Windshield Cowl Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fijicorey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the plastic cowl that lines up with the bottom of my windshield is falling apart. I found the OEM part number, 55112305AD, but it's very expensive to replace. I'm getting around $320 just for that part. Anyone know of any aftermarket alternatives or do I have to go OEM?

A quick internet search yields that this appears to be a common issue but I couldn't find any alternative product to the OEM part. I'd rather not drop $300+ on a plastic trim. The only alternative I see is to source a used unit but it seems like these things crumble so easily that it may be too risky.

Edit: 2015 1500 with 84kmi

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the plastic cowl that lines up with the bottom of my windshield is falling apart. I found the OEM part number, 55112305AD, but it's very expensive to replace. I'm getting around $320 just for that part. Anyone know of any aftermarket alternatives or do I have to go OEM?

A quick internet search yields that this appears to be a common issue but I couldn't find any alternative product to the OEM part. I'd rather not drop $300+ on a plastic trim. The only alternative I see is to source a used unit but it seems like these things crumble so easily that it may be too risky.

You might try LMC Truck.

MikeinJaxHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2014 RAM and my truck looks brand new except for this part. I'm trying to find a used one in the junk yard on a newer truck. I guess the heat in Florida has just ate it up. It start flapping a piece on the highway the other day, I thought it was my wiper blades, but they are brand new. I might as well either replace the wiper arms or repaint them while I have them off too.

Reactions: TC

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

No aftermarket that I am aware of.

Kid's HEMI! !!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ordered one last night. I got mine off of Amazon. It was the cheapest option every other website I checked when you got to the shipping part it was ridiculous. The highest one was like $500 just ship. The lowest I found was like $200, Amazon was the cheapest because they don’t charge you shipping. It’s a little more for the product itself.

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just ordered one last night. I got mine off of Amazon. It was the cheapest option every other website I checked when you got to the shipping part it was ridiculous. The highest one was like $500 just ship. The lowest I found was like $200, Amazon was the cheapest because they don’t charge you shipping. It’s a little more for the product itself.
Looking forward to hearing your feedback on the Amazon cowl piece

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I picked one up from amazon a couple months back, was 340+ tax. Went on pretty easy except for a couple of the rounded hooks were squeezed together a bit to much , I just pried them open a little bit then it slid nicely into place. Upon inspection the one I removed also had the same issue from the factory,but they just forced it into place ,causing it to be slightly deformed.
I would have thought in ten years someone might have noticed this at the factory, however just jamming **** together seemed to work for them.