Windshield Wiper Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tbucket

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi-eTorque 5.7
I replace my own and to save $$$$ go on Amazon and order whatever brand. They are basically the same as Trico or Michelin. And if you read the package that your “brand name” wiper comes in, it will read: “made in China.” I bought a new pair of “equivalent Trico” blades off Amazon and paid under $20 and free shipping.

Minotaur 013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I put these PIAA Super Silicone wipers on my truck over 2 years ago and they are still going strong up here in Oregon. I also found that silicone wipers hold up way better in the heat. I used them when I lived in the Florida Keys and only changed them once in a ten year period.
https://a.co/d/bPXPr9m
https://a.co/d/bPXPr9m

CanuckRam1313

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I've had great success with the OEM MOPAR 1-piece blades (like posted above).

I also use Aquapel and retreat every late spring to early summer. http://www.aquapel.com/

It's not like rainex where it's a coating on the glass.
This stuff forms a chemical bond with the glass.

Correct application is essential, don't apply in direct sunlight, after applying the product, let it stay on the glass for 20 to 30 minutes, and with a clean microfiber, buff the glass, and voila!
I also put it on my mirrors, side windows, and back glass.

In the rain, especially on the highway, no wipers required.
Some pretty good stuff to look at.
Doesn't get all streaky and gucky like a glass wax can after time.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
AZ - 83 Miles SW of the Geographical Center
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I am generous with my Rain-X application, and rarely need to use my wipers. Love me some Rain-X!
I've had great success with the OEM MOPAR 1-piece blades (like posted above).

I also use Aquapel and retreat every late spring to early summer. http://www.aquapel.com/

It's not like rainex where it's a coating on the glass.
This stuff forms a chemical bond with the glass.

Correct application is essential, don't apply in direct sunlight, after applying the product, let it stay on the glass for 20 to 30 minutes, and with a clean microfiber, buff the glass, and voila!
I also put it on my mirrors, side windows, and back glass.

In the rain, especially on the highway, no wipers required.
Some pretty good stuff to look at.
Doesn't get all streaky and gucky like a glass wax can after time.
I have found that Rain-X does the same at highway speed and its effect is particularly noticeable at night. Driving with no wipers on at night is weird at first.

CanuckRam1313

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I have found that Rain-X does the same at highway speed and its effect is particularly noticeable at night. Driving with no wipers on at night is weird at first.
Rain-X does indeed net similar results.

I used to use it, then a car buddy recommended giving Aquapel a try...
To me anyway, the Aquapel works better and stays on the glass longer overall.

Yes, getting used to driving in rain, especially heavy rain, and at night, on the highway with no wipers and a treated windshield takes getting used to. One has to look through and past the rain hitting the windshield and beading upwards.

Once you're used to how it all works, it's like the rain isn't even there, per se.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
AZ - 83 Miles SW of the Geographical Center
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Rain-X does indeed net similar results.

I used to use it, then a car buddy recommended giving Aquapel a try...
To me anyway, the Aquapel works better and stays on the glass longer overall.

Yes, getting used to driving in rain, especially heavy rain, and at night, on the highway with no wipers and a treated windshield takes getting used to. One has to look through and past the rain hitting the windshield and beading upwards.

Once you're used to how it all works, it's like the rain isn't even there, per se.
I also use Rain-X washer fluid in my washer reservoir which lets the stuff I apply directly last a lot longer. I've been told that it will eventually gum up the pump. Not sure about that, never had an issue, but to be on the safe side I mix it 50/50 with distilled water (because the tap water here is full of chlorine and minerals) and it seems to work just as well as the Rain-X washer fluid by itself.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm on my 2nd set now in about 7 years.
1 of the rain-x lines.walmart..
Really only changed the 1st set due to them dam love bugs...scored up the passenger side.
Wife's 4 runner on about her 4th set,about the same 7 yeats,same rain-x brand....prolly something to do with the tension on the arms.
Not hard at all to change but easier to say watch u-tubes than to explain it here.