Would you buy another Hemi - Poll?

Would you buy another Hemi?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowzer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Sold off the '18...maybe another soon.
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I voted yes. Other consideration would be the Ford twin turbo 3.5L which seems to be holding up well so far and provides a little better fuel mileage.
As much as I do not like the known lifter issue, I do like the way the Hemi performs in these 1/2 tons.

VmoneyM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I would definitely do hemi again I have a 3rd gen ram and it has 260k and it's still going strong....take care of your vehicles and they take care of you i love that truck and will probably get another one after this one goes

SteveCNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my 2017 RAM 2500 5.7l from a buddy in November 2018 and it has about 24k on it then. It had 58k now and I love the truck. I hope to get several more years out of it. Only gripe so far is the noise the a/c fan makes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TXTornados

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I voted yes. I was a Ford guy for years until I bought my 2019 RAM 2500 6.4L. It has held up good, I can pull anything I want. Don't have to worry about diesel. That doesn't mean that I don't think about whether I should have bought a diesel, I do I still wonder about, but I am VERY happy with my Hemi. I would buy another one. My son who works in the refineries has driven both Hemis and diesels and told me this past weekend, when he buys a new truck, he is buying a Hemi.

scubasteege

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I absolutely would buy another hemi and It will probably be 6.4 with the 8 speed in a 2500. I get 17 mpg on the highway even with 35's on my 2016 ram 1500 with the 5.7 and normally loaded down with fishing gear and kayaks. I also just started pulling a 6,000 pound travel trailer which it does quite nicely. I have 112,000 miles now and besides regular maintenance I have only had to replace my water pump at 100k miles. I love the get up and go of this truck and the it sounds great to me even stock. I hope to have this truck till about 300k and then get myself a 2500 with the 6.4

MoparX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also have a 3G 5.7 Hemi with 260K miles, original engine and heads. Still runs strong. Definitely would buy another. I'll be rebuilding this as stroker. Will likely get a Challenger or 300 as well for daily driver, preferably 6.4, maybe another 1500.

HemiTO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As of right now no. This is my first big truck and im not too happy with the ac problem and the thud, even if i bought used. A truck this new shoildnt be having these problems. Ive never owned a car before that had these problems and they just tell me is normal. So come time to upgrade ill probably go ford. I know hate in me all you want for saying ford but i never had a si gle problem with anybof the fords i had. BTW i still like my ram a lot and enjoy it every single day i drive it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't see I disagree with you. I love the way my RAM Laramie looks, drives and highway fuel economy is actually pretty good. But the issues, starting with the heating/ac, exhaust manifold, recalls waiting on parts for years culminating with almost having an accident due to the axle pin recall. Then a complete electrical meltdown that took over 2 months to diagnose and repair. Still love my truck but quality-wise these are not the ones to go for if you plan to keep it for the long haul.

CfoxRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had 4 Hemi’s and never had an issue but after having my Cummins I could never go back to a Hemi. Love my Rams!!

A9976C36-0BF3-4A5C-B072-DACF3ABEE718.jpeg

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I forgot to mention. My regular open diff had to be rebuilt at 90k.
Apparently this happens often.

Unexcusable!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Tunaman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Absolutely....all day long!! Misfit says others are making turbo trucks that are more dependable and better fuel economy....I challenge that!

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure at the moment.
Not even sure I will buy a truck again. Currently on my second truck and yes, it is an amazing machine in the snow, but that's the ONLY reason I bought a truck. I'm thinking I may buy a car next. Not positive on that yet. Maybe an suv.
If I do buy another truck, I am either going to buy another Ram, depending on how well they fixed the MDS system, or a Ford F150 Roush supercharged. Maybe the TRX, if it's not stupidly overpriced.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
With such an overwhelming number I wont go back and count people who can't vote, I'd assume those numbers would mirror these numbers as that is the law of statistical probability.

Generally shaping up

85% love the hemi

15% wouldn't buy another

I do wonder how that would stack up to other popular engines like the chevy 350 or the Ford 351 twins (c and w). I would wager the hemi has similar popularity as other popular engines, fca for the win. 15% dissatisfaction is no insignificant number, but I doubt that would be enough to get them to change anything.

DeeZee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From a 4th gen RAM perspective, yes but only if they wrapped a better quality vehicle around the engine. I have 5th gen friends who feel the same way.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
as long as my 6.4 hemi lasts AT MINIMUM as long as my 5.7l (175,000 miles) i will buy another Hemi.