8.4 an ra4 Navigation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scorpio6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.0 Hemi
My Navigation has gone out again Infotainment says its the Sierra Air Card Does anyone know which one I should purchase and where to get it from 2014 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn If I put a new one in, is it plug and play if all my software is up to date?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
So you went to Infotainments Repair shop & they told you that ?

What happens when you press the NAV button?
Does the Map come up?

I don't know much about how the Infotainment System works, but i would guess that your Systems software is a version or more behind where it should be

your radio is basically a computer, the Air Card is a Daughter Board that is attached to the radios Motherboard by mostly soldered connections

check this out, before you change your Air Card inside of the radio

by the way, Infotainment.com has a repair service in Florida
not far from Orlando

Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If I put a new one in, is it plug and play if all my software is up to date?
Don't think the Sierra Air card is easily sourced/replaced.
You could just find another 8.4AN radio and swap the whole radio(it's Plug-n-Play).

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
My Navigation has gone out again Infotainment says its the Sierra Air Card Does anyone know which one I should purchase and where to get it from 2014 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn If I put a new one in, is it plug and play if all my software is up to date?
A 2013-17 Ra4/VP4-NA Nav radio will be plug n play and can be found in fairly nice condition on eBay & normal salvage yards/ sites like LKQ, Schram, Car-Part, etc. If you're looking for the easiest replacement, I'd recommend a 2017 Ra4 (PN: 68270661Ax) or a 2014 unit if you prefer (68224525Ax).

- INFO- 2013-2018 8.4 FW Notes (RA4/VP4 & UAx NA)

* There are other upgrade options that are more involved.

OP
OP
S

Scorpio6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.0 Hemi
My Radio software is Up to date. I checked that first. I have done a factory reset of the radio and waited for 72 hrs to no avail. If the air card is soldered in I probably can't do that myself. to tedious. I am looking for a total replacement as well Not the 8.4 AN RA4 because of the sierra card This last one only worked for 3 years or maybe a little less. At $400 a repair that adds up in truck maintenance Thanks for the Help!!!

OP
OP
S

Scorpio6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.0 Hemi
Sooooo, After about 6 days My Navigation is working again. Thats what always happens. Getting the Height10 radio installed on Wednesday. Will let yall know how that works after I run it for a week or so

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Sooooo, After about 6 days My Navigation is working again. Thats what always happens. Getting the Height10 radio installed on Wednesday. Will let yall know how that works after I run it for a week or so
I'd be interested in a review!