Another Ram in the family!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
My brother-in-law drove home in a new Ram tonight! Nice to see him back in a truck. He had a 2009 TRX then a 2010 Challenger R/T and now finally in a 2011 Sport 4x4. Get this, I don't know whether to be honored or annoyed, but he drove home with almost the exact same truck as I have. The only difference is I have the sunroof and his doesn't and that's the only difference between ours. He said he wanted a silver one, but apparently they are hard to come by (I guess with the paint situation in Japan). He didn't really want red, blue or black. He liked the new green color but couldn't find one that had what he wanted... so he ended up getting mineral grey.

He is already talking about a lift like mine but he said that will be down the road a little. We are already kicking around the idea of putting my level kit on his truck and him running my 35s and then I'll get 37s! :D

I'm happy for him, but I think it's going to be a little weird us parking next to each other with having the same truck (yep, hood and all). I haven't asked him yet if he's going to dechrome and debage. If he does, it will be like I have a little twin following me around.

I'll always be able to hold it over his head... I had mine first and he's the copy-cat. :D

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Congrats to him on getting back in a Ram. Is he going to get signed up here?

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Nice.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 4.

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I'm going to try to get him on here, but I doubt he'll be very active. I'll sure put in a good word about RF to him.

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Do you ever say anymore than one word on a post Matt? Lol, just messing with you.

I hope you don't want that level anymore.. I think my he's going to want it for his truck now. And if that's what it takes for him to get my 35s then we can't put it on his truck fast enough.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
mineral gray is awesome.......just saying

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
True, mineral grey is awesome. Black was my second choice but my dealer was able to work their magic and find me the truck I wanted at another dealership. My brother-in-law just picked his out off the lot.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
yours will always be better, you have Retro-Shop lights! :D:D

(does he want some? LOL)

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Yes, I'll always like mine better - mine has a sunroof. :) I'm definitely going to suggest a retro, maybe even projectors too so he can learn from my experience. The first thing he needs to buy is my 35s though. LOL

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Do you ever say anymore than one word on a post Matt? Lol, just messing with you.

I hope you don't want that level anymore.. I think my he's going to want it for his truck now. And if that's what it takes for him to get my 35s then we can't put it on his truck fast enough.

lol depends

Just use it. Supposedly next week we will see.

Damn I lost my mod supplier LOL

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Chances are the things I do to mine he'll want to do to his so now he's probably going to be taking stuff off too just like I did. We better not have exact matching trucks though. That ain't cool.

Besides I don't know if there's anything else I'm going to be taking off this one for a while. Except for maybe the 35s but I think we may work something out so he can buy them off me.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
well least theres no shipping involed. makes it cheaper for you

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Wow Sounds like he wanted your truck. I would love to see a picture of your two truck together.

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
That's true Matt.

Wow Sounds like he wanted your truck. I would love to see a picture of your two truck together.

I'm sure we will get some pictures together soon. It will be a good comparison of my truck when it was stock to where it is now that's for sure. When he called to tell me he said he felt like he was driving my truck. lol

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Well as long as he pays you for mods lol

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 4.

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Yeah definitely. I may cut him a little slack and help him with the install though.

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
A pic for proof:

cf0d075f.jpg

His has "auto 4wd" option in addition to "4wd lock" and "4wd low." The rear window slider button is different too (I don't like it as much). His RBZ unit has a newer update too.