Any clue what this is?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 19 Ram Bighorn package group 1. So I found this under the drivers seat. I have the base 6 speaker package so I don’t think it’s a factory amp. Anybody have a guess?IMG_0128.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What head unit do you have?

The part number (68312240AE) is listed as an amplifier. Do you have a 8.4 head unit?

OP
OP
K

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What head unit do you have?

The part number (68312240AE) is listed as an amplifier. Do you have a 8.4 head unit?

Yes I have the 8.4. What gets me is my 17 didn’t have this under the seat

Where did you find that? I searched online to no avail.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I used the part number shown on your picture (without the "P" prefix) and did a quick google. Came up with several online MOPAR parts sellers that all showed the same thing.

It's not unusual for some repackaging to happen between model years. My 2007's main amp was behind the glove box, my 2014's was behind the center stack and I haven't gone looking for it on my 2017. Location may also be driven by what head unit you have.

Apparently this amp also works on a couple of the smaller, less optioned head units as well.

OP
OP
K

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well that helps, I was in the process of getting my stereo build together. So I can add a factory amp replacement kit to the mix.