Birds Keep Sh!tting on My Side Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnsmith9182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
No matter where I am or what time of day, birds keep landing on my side view mirrors and taking massive turds. It’s infuriating. I finish a wash and polish, clean up, go inside, and an hour later my mirrors look like a bird crap bombing range.

Does this happen to anyone else? Any ideas? I do have the towing mirrors, but would that matter? I’m honestly toying with the idea of covering them when not in use.
that is near my problem..but is the bed cover. i hate it.mirrors here n there.idk maybe its the color?

David James

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No matter where I am or what time of day, birds keep landing on my side view mirrors and taking massive turds. It’s infuriating. I finish a wash and polish, clean up, go inside, and an hour later my mirrors look like a bird crap bombing range.

Does this happen to anyone else? Any ideas? I do have the towing mirrors, but would that matter? I’m honestly toying with the idea of covering them when not in use.
Fold them in. Bluebirds do that - they get excited seeing their image. It’ll pass in a few weeks.

TRK_GANG74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So it’s only been 2 days but operation “fold and pray” seems to be semi successful. The mirrors have stayed clean but my poor tonneau cover is now their version of White Sands Missle Test Range. I think this is a trade I’ll begrudgingly accept.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to have your side mirrors always fold in when the truck is in park? Or to make sure all windows (front, rear, back, and sunroof) close when parked or alarmed?
I have a Tazer DT that automatically fold my mirrors when I turn off the truck and unfolds them when I start. It also has many many other features that are useful. Here is the site link. Look for Tazer DT. https://www.zautomotive.com/

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Rubber snake, chuck it up on the roof when you get out and attach fishing line to it so you remember to pull it in when you leave. Birds do the same thing on my patio chairs. I have a rubber snake that looks real and an owl with a bobble head that bounces and turns in the wind = no birds.

Randy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had that issue when camping in South Carolina. Covered the mirrors but it didn't help, craped all over the truck. I would chase the bird off and it would return a short time later. I had a femail cardinal that would attack her reflection in the stainless steel part of my grill and also my mirrors. Good luck.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Was happening to my truck. I got a fake bobble head owl at tractor supply and put it on the tonneau cover. Problem solved. Just move the owl to a different spot every day. Those birds won't come near that owl.

Weebear

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I fold my mirrors when i am home & when i am parked in a parking lot, where the parking spaces are too narrow.

The birds out here, land on my bed rails & unload, except when they land in the Olive Tree or the Rain Gutter.
I almost wish the Cats & Weasel type animal,, ( ferret ), would return, i think it was someone's pet.
There were no birds around then :)
Just scratches on the Ram paint job :(
I have the same problem. My issue with folding in my mirrors is that I always forget to fold them back out before I leave work/home - and then I have to pull over somewhere to pop the passenger side back out (unless my wife is riding shotgun).

As for the bird crap versus cat/ferret scratches - sounds like a true Kobayashi Maru scenario!

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque

Park it in your garage when at home.

KWal

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Hmmnn... I should consider opening a "Mirror Cat Rental" business...

Have cat, will travel!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck is parked under a tree, so it's impossible to prevent it being covered in bird droppings and pollen. I just squirt it off with a hose every now and then.