Breaks binding,dash break light on and abs light on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoesTruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 6cyl cumins diesel
The ABS and break light popped on 4 years ago and never affected anything,last month the front passenger break was pinching and was hot when I was home and stopped,then a week later front right started grinding,I took off tire and seen the U-Joint was blown so I did the U-Joint and seen the break calipers had cracked pistons but worked,then I did the front passenger U-Joint,things were fine a few days then more pinching so I did the calipers on both sides,things seem fine but lights on dash still on. Took it up the hwy and pinching then the drivers front wheel bearing blew,got a huge tow bill and put in a new wheel bearing on drivers side.Today drove half hour and more pinching,both fronts are heated,the break light is on the dash and ABS light even after the computer reset ?????? Any reason why both sides would still be pinching????

OP
OP
J

JoesTruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 6cyl cumins diesel
From digging myself,I see trouble with the flexhose line is an issue with these,seems a defect from the hose clamp that makes the hose chocked out. I will look around on mine and see if that is the problem and fill anyone in.

OP
OP
J

JoesTruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 6cyl cumins diesel
I replaced the front flexhoses and even bought new banjo bolts,even though I just put on new calipers last couple weeks,drained out the old fluid,put in fresh dot4 and the abs and break light are still on the dash,no codes,I reset the computer. Drove it today for half hour,the wheel bearings felt a little warm and the disks on the front were a bit hot. I have checked fuses,wires ect. Still the abs and brake lights are still on. I unhooked both batteries positive and negative to rest over night and see if the lights still on when I power it all back up in the morning. I just can't figure this out?