Enabling VES with AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leclaire808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have a 2012 Ram 2500 Longhorn. It has/had the Rear VES system. The VES option disappeared. I got an OBDLink MX+ and the AlfaOBD app but I can’t figure out how to bring it back. I tried enabling the VES but nothing happens. Anyone hve any insight? It’s installed with the 730N radio head. Thanks

CDuB7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I think I can help. I am currently installing the VES system in my 2011. Just added the RHR radio and Uconnect. I also added the Ves tab to the radio as well. Still trying to figure out the wiring but getting closer.

Anyway using alfaobd, I found that it is under Ves3 you would think it would be under Ves2 but that did nothing. So you need to disable Ves2 in multiple spots in the BCM and there is two spots you enable Ves3. One is under vehicle configuration 1 and the other is towards the bottom where it shows radio and such. I hope that helps you get your ves back.

If you don’t mind whereas I’m trying to add this system and using parts from minivans and the wiring. Would you be willing to remove your rear overhead screen and take a picture of how it’s mounted? I have a mount for it but am unsure if it is the correct one or if it needs one at all. Can’t find any info on it i would appreciate it thanks if possible.