Engine hours

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

22Tradesman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey everyone!
I'm going to be buying a 2022 Tradesman regular cab with a long bed and the 3.6 with 9,200 miles. It's immaculate. It was a previous rental truck, either through U-Haul or enterprise. (The dealer isn't sure). I looked at the engine hours and it has 90 at idle, and 385 drive hours. Are those high or low for the year and mileage of this truck? Thanks alot!

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone!
I'm going to be buying a 2022 Tradesman regular cab with a long bed and the 3.6 with 9,200 miles. It's immaculate. It was a previous rental truck, either through U-Haul or enterprise. (The dealer isn't sure). I looked at the engine hours and it has 90 at idle, and 385 drive hours. Are those high or low for the year and mileage of this truck? Thanks alot!

A two year old truck with 9,200 miles is low mileage. Idle hours are roughly a quarter of drive hours which isn’t bad. As a rental it probably did a lot of short trips or in town driving. Not necessarily a bad thing with only 9,200 miles. As long as it wasn’t abused I’d take a chance on it. You state it’s immaculate so that’s a good indicator it was used to haul the new dishwasher or new mattress from point A to point B. The 3.6 isn’t as prone to wear from frequent idling and being sold by a dealer should have a warranty. Best of luck with your new truck.

OP
OP
22Tradesman

22Tradesman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
A two year old truck with 9,200 miles is low mileage. Idle hours are roughly a quarter of drive hours which isn’t bad. As a rental it probably did a lot of short trips or in town driving. Not necessarily a bad thing with only 9,200 miles. As long as it wasn’t abused I’d take a chance on it. You state it’s immaculate so that’s a good indicator it was used to haul the new dishwasher or new mattress from point A to point B. The 3.6 isn’t as prone to wear from frequent idling and being sold by a dealer should have a warranty. Best of luck with your new truck.
That's great to hear. Thank you so much for the reply!