Factory handsfree with maestro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Who here can tell me how to utilize my factory handsfree with this module and the ch3 harness. Is there anything else I must do?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure how to answer your question without some more info. Did you replace or are replacing the factory HU with an aftermarket HU?

OP
OP
AngryRams

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure how to answer your question without some more info. Did you replace or are replacing the factory HU with an aftermarket HU?
Yeah it's already replaced. But I am currently using pioneers crappy mic and asthetically... I hate it. The description of the maestro RR and ch3 says it retains factory... So I'll have to check on it myself.. the installer said he'd never install Ed one before.

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Yeah it's already replaced. But I am currently using pioneers crappy mic and asthetically... I hate it. The description of the maestro RR and ch3 says it retains factory... So I'll have to check on it myself.. the installer said he'd never install Ed one before.

There's some specific instructions about setting this in the maestro instructions. I'll see if I can locate my copy or you may be able to download a PDF for the RR from their website. It talks about using the factory vs. aftermarket head unit and I think setting an option thru the EVIC.

Edit...what year is your truck?

OP
OP
AngryRams

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's some specific instructions about setting this in the maestro instructions. I'll see if I can locate my copy or you may be able to download a PDF for the RR from their website. It talks about using the factory vs. aftermarket head unit and I think setting an option thru the EVIC.

Edit...what year is your truck?
2015. I am thinking this is what needs to be connected. If I need to remove it and flash the maestro ... I can do that but if you can confirm that'd be appreciated.64b04953604103015943be5bd3a0cd5c.jpg

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
I have a 2011 and this is in the RR install instructions....there's a number in this image for tech support, may be worth a quick call. I'm not sure what's different on a 2015.

e269612d8de186269d4fd344e42ec60b.jpg

OP
OP
AngryRams

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now to figure out how to change it from aftermarket to oem.

OP
OP
AngryRams

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2018 pioneer... Shouldn't matter tho right?

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
OP
OP
AngryRams

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It appears as it's not possible but I'm still gonna look some more.

OP
OP
AngryRams

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I removed the module and flashed it with new firmware... And in that process I redid the settings... Nothing there about oem handsfree unfortunately... I do have volume up and down now .. changed my answer phone and Siri buttons.. haha

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Now I understand what you are trying to do and you are correct, the Maestro will not integrate the factory microphone with the HU’s microphone.

This is not to say it cannot be done, you will just have to figure out if you can tap into the factory mic directly from the HU. This too did bother me a bit in the beginning but the Kenwood mic I am using sounds and works well so I left well enough alone.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Call their support line. If it is not possible, they may give a you a few custom firmwares to try to flash and see if they work.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The Maestro won’t be able to utilize the factory mics on your truck because it has no way of communicating with them. On the big truck side harness connector (the one that you unplugged from your factory radio), pins number 29,30,39, and 40 are the ones for the factory mics. Those corresponding pins on the ch3 harness connector that plugs into the main truck harness are not there, leaving the maestro no way to recognize them.

OP
OP
AngryRams

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Maestro won’t be able to utilize the factory mics on your truck because it has no way of communicating with them. On the big truck side harness connector (the one that you unplugged from your factory radio), pins number 29,30,39, and 40 are the ones for the factory mics. Those corresponding pins on the ch3 harness connector that plugs into the main truck harness are not there, leaving the maestro no way to recognize them.
That's really disappointing on maestros end.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's really disappointing on maestros end.

Again, call Maestro. Their tech support is probably the best you will ever come across. If the wiring part is true, they could tell you to tap the wires and then write a custom firmware for you. However just because the wires aren't pinned doesn't mean anything, if it is ran through data. I also don't understand why their would be 4 wires, unless you have two mics.

Also the easy solution here is just to get a spare mic for your radio, cut off the connector and splice into the factory mic.

OP
OP
AngryRams

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Again, call Maestro. Their tech support is probably the best you will ever come across. If the wiring part is true, they could tell you to tap the wires and then write a custom firmware for you. However just because the wires aren't pinned doesn't mean anything, if it is ran through data. I also don't understand why their would be 4 wires, unless you have two mics.
I'll call them today.

Swezey23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Old thread I know, but my RAM1-KIT for my iDatalink has a MAC1 orange connector coming out of the T harness that plugs right into the truck's harness. But I cannot find any information on adapters for this harness. My RR2 does have anything for it nor does the RAM1-KIT. Appears to pin from 29,30