How to turn off "Air Quality Warnings" etc on these things?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I keep getting these warnings for air quality and weather items that are not even for the counties near me. It's annoying to have to continually hit "OK" when I've seen the message 50 times. I could see possibly showing it ONCE, but I cannot find any place on U-Connect or other to shut off these notifications.

Anyone know the trick?

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
isn't that with Sirius Radio? I think you have to call them and tell them to disable the location alerts.

TimboRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Try setting up your vehicle with your specific state and city. I'm only getting alerts for my region. If you have already done this then I'm clueless.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
There’s only one way to deactivate that feature. First, grab a hammer...

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got to Sirius
Tap that "red lightning bolt"
now....scroll down (you won't see it if you don't scroll down) to "manage system"
Now toggle off "location services"

mine is on, so I must have a boring city because I've only got once alert in over a month. Now, it's my GUESS that this will cure your issue

OP
OP
Kevin C

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got to Sirius
Tap that "red lightning bolt"
now....scroll down (you won't see it if you don't scroll down) to "manage system"
Now toggle off "location services"

mine is on, so I must have a boring city because I've only got once alert in over a month. Now, it's my GUESS that this will cure your issue
Thanks, I'll give that a try. BUT, does that mean NAV will no longer work?

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, I'll give that a try. BUT, does that mean NAV will no longer work?

I'm going to guess they don't have anything to do with one another. Of course I could be wrong tho. Maybe you're just turning off "SiriusXM Travel Link which shows movie listings, fuel prices, weather, etc. I'm really not sure. Mine is on ....but I don't get any alerts. I do know travel alerts are within SiriusXM Travel Link though.

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just read it's built "into" the vehicle's NAV........I read that as if it adds those alerts and road closures, etc to your NAV system. But you can turn it off. I just looked on the website and my city doesn't get it. I did get them once when I was in Raleigh, NC...........which is on the city list. My city isn't a major one which is why I'm not getting a lot of alerts.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
When you get to this menu in Sirius, there is no way to deselect any of the cities.

9ad3aeac74593c1ee921c947daf94a50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Do not want to start a rant and may be I am old school. But, this **** infringes on our privacy and the use of our vehicle,,,that we paid for. The idea that companies can load function or electronics that harass and hustle us to down load apps, accept things that we have not asked for or not allow us to disable is BS.
It is like windows 10 today or a new CPU. Got to have it for all kinds of reasons. But it comes loaded with hustle software and distracting bells and whistles. Just replaced my desk top. Had my IT tech go in and uninstall or disable all that feel good ********* that I have no use for. Got pop ups after, telling me that the administrative selections I made will prevent me from fully enjoying the rich new features the system/software includes. (para phrasing) Sent them a email.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
I have the 8.4" screen. But the settings in Sirius should be similar. After you press the Sirius button, look for the "Browse" button, then scroll down to the "Traffic & Weather" button on the left side.

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the 8.4" screen. But the settings in Sirius should be similar. After you press the Sirius button, look for the "Browse" button, then scroll down to the "Traffic & Weather" button on the left side.
Totally different. Just drove to work and checked it out. I go to apps. Then I go to travel link. There I find apps for fuel, movies, sports, weather, weather map, traffic list. Sirius and functions and additions are diff with 12”. A lot of videos on it swayed my decision

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Totally different. Just drove to work and checked it out. I go to apps. Then I go to travel link. There I find apps for fuel, movies, sports, weather, weather map, traffic list. Sirius and functions and additions are diff with 12”. A lot of videos on it swayed my decision
It is in the regular Sirius menu not Travel Link

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
it can't be turned off

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Of the 8 cities listed are there any with zero traffic and weather alerts? LOL. Los Angeles has an alert every 5 minutes.
it can't be turned off

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk