New Plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jims2013ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have seen comments that if you install Iridium plugs in a 2013 hemi you need to upgrade the coils. True or false ? Thanks

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have seen comments that if you install Iridium plugs in a 2013 hemi you need to upgrade the coils. True or false ? Thanks
Pull your original plugs and see which ones are in the engine. The older coils if you have copper plugs,will fire the iridium plugs,but if you can swing new coils it wouldn't hurt.
You can sort of rebuild your existing coils with new rubber boots and springs,and i use a carbon steel brush in a Dremel to clean the coil contact under the spring in the rubber boot.
Good chance your coils will have corrosion under the springs,if it's not bad,you can clean the original springs with a wire wheel mounted in a bench grinder,but if they're getting bad,it's better to replace the boots and springs.The boots just pull/pop off the coils,if they're a bit sticky,a small screwdriver under the edge of the boot,will help them pop off.If you don't have a flexible magnetic plug socket one of these sockets will make the job a little nicer.