Walnut Metallic Ram with black rims and steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Finnally got around to swapping all my stuff from my blacked out ram (old 14 CC) to my new 2018 CC. The new Laramie has the bright chrome package and thats not my "jam" but it is what it is. It doesn't look bad with the walnut brown metallic paint tho when its clean. My old ram was a blacked out express which I have taken the headlights from and tailights so my Laramie is already "less chrome" than it was from the factory. I also have a blacked out aftermarket grill I can throw on as well and black mirror covers. I dont mind alittle chrome like around my badge overlays, a small amount on the handles and the projector shroud and my 5" carven exhaust tips.

The stuff I swapped were basically new (less than 3k miles) 22" hellcat replicas with 285 NEXEN tires, black lugs and Westin HDX drop side steps. I was unsure about it due to the chrome bumpers/grille/mirrors and handles but I needed to put the steps on since the wife was *******. The wheels were cleaned and jet sealed to help with maintenance. The rest of the truck and side steps are unclean so dont mind the dust/dirt.

What are your thoughts? Should I continue? Ive thought about wrapping some of the chrome on the handles. I would love to color match the bumpers but not going to happen money wise. I thought about bed lining the bumpers... the issue is the chrome grille. I can put the black one on but its an "open" face grille that is essentially a large mesh screen and shows everything behind it (and this truck has active grille shutters).

Either way I think the black looks good on the walnut brown but the chrome throws it off. In the winter the black rims come off and the stock chrome go back on (side steps stay all year). If I put the chrome grille back on the black bumpers will make the grille look out of place. Paint matching the bumpers would solve that but painting chrome is a no go. So how do I make it tolerable in the winter but menacing in the summer :)

Open to ideas.

IMG_1509.JPG

IMG_3457.JPG

IMG_4062.JPG

IMG_6519.JPG

IMG_6656.JPG

OP
OP
blackbetty14

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Thought about it. Wasnt sure what wrapping that would cost me. Plus its a unique color. I found some online and was thinking of picking some up to test on door handles etc.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I think the two colors look good together. Unique for sure. I say keep going to the extent you want to.

OP
OP
blackbetty14

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Thanks. I ended up doing a quick search and calling a local (25 min away) wrap shop. They quoted me $250 per bumper and $50 a mirror. So $600 in all and he can also do the door handles. Not sure if thats the way I want to go... he said the walnut brown is going to be hard to color match and only 2 brands have a brown metallic (Avery and Oracal) Both I would need samples to test and see what looks best. A painted bumper will cost $600 all on its own and paint chips. I feel like the wrapping and the chrome is the best option if I were to go that route.

I dont think I would want to plastidip it, or bed liner paint it and I would prefer to color match it as close as possible.