DIY: 2013 Ram add OEM Backup Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiley87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Weird question but I have a 2013 express with the backup camera in the mirror

I added my aftermarket Kenwood double din and it has a camera input. I attached the reverse sensing wire and plugged in the RCA from.the adapter harness labeled back up camera and it switches to camera input when truck is in reverse but no camera image on double din just in mirror

Okay so my question is How can I get the image to show up on the double din? I'm so used to looking at that when I put it in reverse and want the image on the stereo screen.

Any ideas if this is possible?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All parts in hand - Just scheduled truck to get BCM Recall and radio flashed tomorrow. Now just have to squeeze in the time this weekend! Wife already told me I have things to do before I touch my truck or my bikes :love62:

rsauron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Custom Wire Harness

my only two questions?

1. Can I purchase this custom wire harness?
2. If i have to make it, what are the specs?

thanks

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my only two questions?

1. Can I purchase this custom wire harness?
2. If i have to make it, what are the specs?

thanks

Jeep guy helped me with mine. PM him. I think he's traveling till end of April though.

Well radio is awake and BCM recall done.

Had to argue with service tech for 10 minutes telling me that he couldn't do the flash because the back up camera isn't on my build sheet and couldn't be added and even if could bumper sensors have to be present. When I had had enough I just told him its my damn truck and I want it. Service manager apologized and said I must know something they don't since I knew code option etc and asked me to bring it back if I got it working. I guess no one believed me.

Funny thing is, BCM flash billed ram 17.50 = .2 hours. Radio flash which I pay, 48.00 = .5 hours. Truck was there 1 hour from check in to check out including the discussion which apparently I got billed for.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bam.... Thank you Jeep Guy for all of the effort and work you put into this. "Even the dealership told me no way not going to happen"

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375664180446.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375664180446.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 503

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome might be a spring time mod for myself to add to the list!

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats. I'm a jealous, but impressed with what you and Jeepguy pulled off despite the dealers.

Wish I could take credit but its all Jeep guy. Good instructions and his custom harnesses, its plug and play.

Koko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If this could work or confirmed to work on the 5.0 ra2 , I will happily do this mod.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

smiley87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Weird question but I have a 2013 express with the backup camera in the mirror

I added my aftermarket Kenwood double din and it has a camera input. I attached the reverse sensing wire and plugged in the RCA from.the adapter harness labeled back up camera and it switches to camera input when truck is in reverse but no camera image on double din just in mirror

Okay so my question is How can I get the image to show up on the double din? I'm so used to looking at that when I put it in reverse and want the image on the stereo screen.

Any ideas if this is possible?

So any ideas if I can get the factory camera to work with my aftermarket stereo?

OP
OP
jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Bam.... Thank you Jeep Guy for all of the effort and work you put into this. "Even the dealership told me no way not going to happen"

I'm glad to see that you got it working.

blikike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another success thanks to jeep guy. Helped me with all my questions. I had some trouble with installing it but had nothing to do with jeep guys instructions or parts just my own faults. But I'm extremely happy and pleased with it! Thanks jeep guy! Here's the pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 161

blikike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another success thanks to jeep guy. Helped me with all my questions. I had some trouble with installing it but had nothing to do with jeep guys instructions or parts just my own faults. But I'm extremely happy and pleased with it! Thanks jeep guy! Here's the pictures.

Another picture with my wheels turned.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 112

blikike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if I missed something, but I think I came in around 340.00!

Haha Sorry that was a rough estimate last night clearly i was not paying attention mine came in around $350 i guess a $100 makes a difference. lol. :Caffeine:

Koko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As long as I can do it for under $500 I'm in.

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So do i order the custom harness or do i need to make it? Or am I just running wires from connectors and pinning them?
I just talkes to Dodge/Chrysler and they won't be able to add the camera for another 8 to 10 months which is ridiculous lmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.