16 Ram 1500 Engine replace or fix cam & lifters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Remyram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have been having a ticking noise going on constantly on my 16 ram 1500 with 120k miles on it. Recently took it to a shop in Colorado and was quoted 11k for a new engine replacement with 3/year 100k warranty. Few questions here should I replace the entire engine or just the can and lifters? If engine blows will it damage any other components on the vehicle?

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Have you ruled out exhaust leak?

Sometims the exhaust manifold bolts break and you get an annoying tick.

Most often, the tick will quiet once the engine warms up, but sometimes the exhaust manifold warps so much that it does not seal when warm.

When your engine is cold, reach in through the wheel wells and grab the heat shields over the exhaust manifolds and see if they are tight. If they are not, you have broken exhaust manifold bolts.

What brand engine are they quoting you? I have heard that some are not well recommended. Others here can elaborate on that.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been having a ticking noise going on constantly on my 16 ram 1500 with 120k miles on it. Recently took it to a shop in Colorado and was quoted 11k for a new engine replacement with 3/year 100k warranty. Few questions here should I replace the entire engine or just the can and lifters? If engine blows will it damage any other components on the vehicle?
Post a vid of it running so we can tell if its lifters or not also you can just swap the cam/lifters if thats the issue and stay away from that place 11k is Hilareous.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
For 11K hopefully they were talking about a brand new completely dressed 5.7 from Ma Mopar.