170's finally starting to come down in price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
There are 10 of them for sale in Ontario. None are close to sticker. $240,000-$290,000
Most of them are ugly colors. Blue one I seen last week wasn't too bad.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
There are 10 of them for sale in Ontario. None are close to sticker. $240,000-$290,000
Most of them are ugly colors. Blue one I seen last week wasn't too bad.
I know the ones that the dealers are sitting on in Alberta aren't really coming down in price,but they also aren't moving either. If you walked in with Cash,they might move in price.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I know the ones that the dealers are sitting on in Alberta aren't really coming down in price,but they also aren't moving either. If you walked in with Cash,they might move in price.

Same here. they have had them for many months. But not moving on price. I offered one dealer $190 for blue one. They said no way. So I walked.

Can't remember if you posted it or not. But one dealer had two of them waiting for new engines. Both died under 300km of use.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Same here. they have had them for many months. But not moving on price. I offered one dealer $190 for blue one. They said no way. So I walked.

Can't remember if you posted it or not. But one dealer had two of them waiting for new engines. Both died under 300km of use.
There's been a couple that have had engines already replaced,with Racer X's probably being the most famous. I know Sipples been into the transmissions on a couple already.

I think if i owned one,and was racing it,at the very least,i'd be looking into installing an Accusump system on it,as it appears they have issues with oil starvation on a wheels up launch

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Last edited:

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Can you give a short version of what those two videos were about?

I can't take more than 20-30 seconds of that person before I want to shoot myself.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Can you give a short version of what those two videos were about?

I can't take more than 20-30 seconds of that person before I want to shoot myself.
In a nut shell 1 dealership is threatening to sue him,for posting the other dealers ad,that is selling them below MSRP.
Even though it's a publicly posted ad,apparently a few dealers aren't happy about it,lol

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
@Wild one couple weeks back I seen one go for $205K us at Mecum

Could purchase a US one even with bad exchange rate, still be cheaper than dealers here. No warranty will suck, if the engine is bad.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
@Wild one couple weeks back I seen one go for $205K us at Mecum

Could purchase a US one even with bad exchange rate, still be cheaper than dealers here. No warranty will suck, if the engine is bad.
I think if you own a 170 and use it like your supposed to use it,you're gonna want all the warrenty and then some,lol. Now they've found a few that are missing bearings,and how that one got by the assemblers is a bit beyond me,as i thought each 170 engine was hand assembled.

Last edited: