2011 5.7 Hemi Eco mode not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

douellet20111500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everybody,

first time visitor to a forum and hoping someone here can tell me why my eco mode in my 2011 Ram stopped working. i have been getting P0420 codes for a little while and ordered all new O2 sensors and hopefully that will solve the code issue but i am wondering if the eco mode has stopped functioning for that reason. Any help or advice would be muchly appreciated

Thanks in advance.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you looked for an intake or exhaust manifold leak yet. There are several other potential causes of this DTC.

Using a parts cannon approach can get very expensive and often prolongs a simple fault.

And, chrome_image_Nov. 16, 2023 4_51_54 a.m. EST.png to Ram Forum. :cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

douellet20111500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had exhaust manifolds changed out and did recently check for vacuum leaks and intake manifold as well but nothing. Pretty frustrated with this one but like i said hopefully the O2 censors will fix the issue.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How many miles on your truck btw?

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had exhaust manifolds changed out and did recently check for vacuum leaks and intake manifold as well but nothing. Pretty frustrated with this one but like i said hopefully the O2 censors will fix the issue.

Did the problems begin soon after the exhaust manifold work?

If yes, this might be more than a coincidence.

And was this work completed by a professional?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hello everybody,

first time visitor to a forum and hoping someone here can tell me why my eco mode in my 2011 Ram stopped working. i have been getting P0420 codes for a little while and ordered all new O2 sensors and hopefully that will solve the code issue but i am wondering if the eco mode has stopped functioning for that reason. Any help or advice would be muchly appreciated

Thanks in advance.
If you have a code,it won't go into mds/eco mode