2011 5.7 Hemi Eco mode not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Excellent advice and thanks for that as i will use it in future but currently it would be a 32 hour drive to get to the mechanic shop that did the header replacement. I pretty much own the fault already LOL.

You're most welcome. That 32 hours away is a PITA, too bad.

Do you plan to complete any of this diagnostic work, or repairs, yourself or hire a pro?
Many pros will welcome the opportunity to follow your directions with the parts cannon approach.

They have nothing to lose with success or failure because they were following your directions.

The strong majority of the members here prefer the diagnostic and troubleshooting approach to repairs. It's often less expensive, faster to a solution, and you learn something useful at the same time.

Many of us are advising that you troubleshoot further before replacing anything.

This is your vehicle and your decision alone to choose your preferred approach. Please let us know and we will accept and respect your preferences. :cool:

OP
OP
D

douellet20111500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You're most welcome. That 32 hours away is a PITA, too bad.

Do you plan to complete any of this diagnostic work, or repairs, yourself or hire a pro?
Many pros will welcome the opportunity to follow your directions with the parts cannon approach.

They have nothing to lose with success or failure because they were following your directions.

The strong majority of the members here prefer the diagnostic and troubleshooting approach to repairs. It's often less expensive, faster to a solution, and you learn something useful at the same time.

Many of us are advising that you troubleshoot further before replacing anything.

This is your vehicle and your decision alone to choose your preferred approach. Please let us know and we will accept and respect your preferences. :cool:

Like i said "i am NOT a mechanic" so i will definitely take this advice and search out a reputable mechanic here to do a full diagnostic and hopefully pinpoint the issue and move forward from that point. I appreciate the input and will let you know what i learn after a professional looks into it. Thanks again for the input/advice.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like i said "i am NOT a mechanic" so i will definitely take this advice and search out a reputable mechanic here to do a full diagnostic and hopefully pinpoint the issue and move forward from that point. I appreciate the input and will let you know what i learn after a professional looks into it. Thanks again for the input/advice.

Thanks. :cool:

Your updates and final solution may assist many other users with similar failures in the future and will add value to Ram Forum.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will be happy to be of some use to others for sure, glad i got on this site!

We're always happy to welcome a new contributing member. :cool:

It isn't necessary to have a technical background to successfully report your observations.
Sometimes it's helpful to know what other users are experiencing with their trucks.

And, a belated welcome.gif to Ram Forum. :cool:

moist_oyster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
It might not relate to your truck at all but I had a decommissioned cop car for a little while and I was going through it with the o2 sensor codes. turned out the cats were completely clogged up (most likely from being a cop car and idling so much)

OP
OP
D

douellet20111500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It might not relate to your truck at all but I had a decommissioned cop car for a little while and I was going through it with the o2 sensor codes. turned out the cats were completely clogged up (most likely from being a cop car and idling so much)
I am going for a back pressure test monday but other mechanic that did the diagnostic said all the airflow's were good