2015 3500 6.4l No crank no start/obd won’t communicate/several service messages

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EASRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
2015 3500 Laramie single wheel 4x4 6.4l
97,000 miles, zero rust anywhere.
A few weeks ago, come out and truck wouldn’t start. Found blown fuse(I believe it was starter solenoid fuse). Replaced fuse and no issues for awhile. Saturday at a derby I was going to go get a starter for a friends derby car, truck wouldn’t start. Checked fuses and had one blown. I believe it was same fuse. Not 100%.
Monday, truck started missing out on way home. Hook scanner up and says misfire cyl 1. Swapped coil to cylinder 3 and cleared codes. (Hoping next time it would say cylinder 3 and I would buy a coil.)
Yesterday, truck ran great all day. Get almost home and it starts missing out, but no check engine light. Back into drive, shut truck off, hook up scanner and no codes. So it didn’t miss long enough to throw a code. Unhook trailer, start truck and go to pull away from trailer and it dies after moving 3 feet. Now it won’t crank. Yes it’s push button. Button will cycle threw off/ACC/run. Radio is locked and says to start vehicle. Dash displays service abs, electronic brakes, air bag, air suspension, and says push clutch and start button. Truck is an automatic.
I have checked and double checked all fuses are good. Pulled every connector apart anywhere I could find one and no corrosion or issues. Pulled starter, bench tested fine, no corrosion and connections are tight. Hook obd scanner up and it won’t communicate now with truck. Interstate Battery is good and charged and fairly new. (Couple months old)
Key fob has new battery, locks/unlocks truck but won’t remote start either.
Obviously there’s a communication error going on somewhere. ECM bad?
I’ve been researching all day and without opening factory harness up to start chasing wires I’m lost. I’ve read of fuse box issues, and broken wires are fairly common.
Any advice, or info, before I haul it to the dealership which I 100% do not want to do.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2015 3500 Laramie single wheel 4x4 6.4l
97,000 miles, zero rust anywhere.
A few weeks ago, come out and truck wouldn’t start. Found blown fuse(I believe it was starter solenoid fuse). Replaced fuse and no issues for awhile. Saturday at a derby I was going to go get a starter for a friends derby car, truck wouldn’t start. Checked fuses and had one blown. I believe it was same fuse. Not 100%.
Monday, truck started missing out on way home. Hook scanner up and says misfire cyl 1. Swapped coil to cylinder 3 and cleared codes. (Hoping next time it would say cylinder 3 and I would buy a coil.)
Yesterday, truck ran great all day. Get almost home and it starts missing out, but no check engine light. Back into drive, shut truck off, hook up scanner and no codes. So it didn’t miss long enough to throw a code. Unhook trailer, start truck and go to pull away from trailer and it dies after moving 3 feet. Now it won’t crank. Yes it’s push button. Button will cycle threw off/ACC/run. Radio is locked and says to start vehicle. Dash displays service abs, electronic brakes, air bag, air suspension, and says push clutch and start button. Truck is an automatic.
I have checked and double checked all fuses are good. Pulled every connector apart anywhere I could find one and no corrosion or issues. Pulled starter, bench tested fine, no corrosion and connections are tight. Hook obd scanner up and it won’t communicate now with truck. Interstate Battery is good and charged and fairly new. (Couple months old)
Key fob has new battery, locks/unlocks truck but won’t remote start either.
Obviously there’s a communication error going on somewhere. ECM bad?
I’ve been researching all day and without opening factory harness up to start chasing wires I’m lost. I’ve read of fuse box issues, and broken wires are fairly common.
Any advice, or info, before I haul it to the dealership which I 100% do not want to do.
Misfires might be recorded in mode6.