2015 Alarm No Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blake903

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ed
Thanks in advance to any one willing to read this and try to help.

I have a 2015 ram 1500 big horn ed. The original battery has slowly been dying the last couple months. The truck stays hooked to a boat so we don't use it all that often. I've had to jump it a handful of times lately. We leave for the lake, its dead, jump it. All is well. My wife parks the truck and trailer after we put the boat on the water. She forgets to put the parking tag in the dash. Unlocks with the fob, hangs it up, locks the truck with the fob. Later that evening she goes back to bring the trailer to the ramp. Keyfob does nothing. She thinks the battery is dead so I tell her to use the emergency key in the fob to unlock the truck where we can jump it if we need to. Alarm goes off immediately as we expected but now it will not go off. Lights on shifter flash as well. Keyfob does nothing on any buttons. Key in the ignition does nothing. I have no accessory power. No screen on the dash or radio. Only the blinking security light. We left the truck there overnight and came back the next morning with a new battery and my tablet with alfaobd to see if I can delete any theft codes or do an update. New battery is in. As soon as its connected alarm goes off. Cannot connect alfaobd because the truck does not power on with key on. So hauled the truck home. I have tried leaving the key in the on position for over an hour. The battery has been un hooked for a few days and no change. Tried everything I've found on the net to remove theft activation. I thought maybe the rfid and keyfob took a crap together?? but talked to local dealership and locksmith and they cannot program a new fob without hooking a computer to obd2. Which won't work right now. Checked all fuses and swapped some relays around. All fuses are good but only a few are getting power. Like lights and locks etc.

Any ideas??? I'll buy you a case of beer if you lead me to fixing this. Momma wants to go to the lake!

OP
OP
B

Blake903

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ed
Slight update. I took the tipm apart this morning and it looked factory new clean. No visible damage on the board.

Can I power the computer fuse to get my scanner connected? How dangerous is that?