2017 Ram Crew Cab, BellTech 2/4Drop - Camber Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ericgray1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2017 Ram 1500 2wd Crew Cab.
Installed a BellTech 2/4 Coil Spring drop with drop shocks, and the pan hard relocation bracket, along with new bump stops. I have 24" RT Replica Wheels on 305/35/24 tires.
Once completed the drop I had some pretty serious negative camber. Went to get an alignment and the shop was able to get a lot of the negative camber out but there is still some left. They said the adjustment is maxed all the way in. What I did notice is that they only messed with the forward most camber adjustment on the control arm. The rear adjustment on the lower control arm is still adjusted outwardly, and the tie rods are pulled in a good bit, maybe as far in as they can go. What can I do to get the alignment better, so I am not wearing out tires.

Thanks in advance.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
My recommendation is find a different shop. A 2/4 spring drop will align. At most you might, and I say might, have to trim the tie rod ends to address toe issues.

If you have to trim, I'd do the inner tie rods about 3/8 on each side, then go get an alignment.

OP
OP
E

ericgray1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My recommendation is find a different shop. A 2/4 spring drop will align. At most you might, and I say might, have to trim the tie rod ends to address toe issues.

If you have to trim, I'd do the inner tie rods about 3/8 on each side, then go get an alignment.
How do you trim the Tie Rods?

I will say this. I was under the truck with the technician at the tire shop. He showed me where forward camber adjustment on the lower control arm was maxed out. However, the rear camber adjustment on the lower control arm was still pushed outward which means it could still be sucked in but then it would throw the tire off kilter again. I suppose trimming the tie rods would allow further correction if you were to pull in the rear camber adjust?

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Take the outer off, leave the jam nut on the rod, adjust it down to about 3/8 inch, cut it with your cutting instrument of choice, Sawzall, grinder with a cutting wheel, etc. Spin the jam nut off to make certain you can thread the outer tie rod back on, put jam nut back on, put outer on, have it aligned.

3/8 of an inch is not alot. But combined, you got to do both sides, it's 6/8s of an inch or 3/4. That's a lot of adjustment for tie rods.

My truck was down 2 in the front with springs, it aligned perfectly,

Last edited: