2020 ram 1500 ecodiesel question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's not just about the ecodiesel, more about the rear diff. I just bought a ram 1500 ecodiesel for my son and it has 44k miles on it. I can see some of the history on what has been serviced, and some things I don't see, so I'm gonna change the front and rear diff fluid along with the fuel filter just to make sure it is all clean and new and hopefully provide him years of trouble free driving. I bought amsoil severe gear 75w-140 for his 3.92 rear end. Amsoil said on their website that 5 ounces of Mopar additive was required during the change, so I bought some of that. After reading here, some say it is not needed, some say it is, and some say not to add it unless you have noises after changing...so...what is the concensus?!?! Use the Mopar additive right away, or not at all, or only if noises are heard?!?! Thanks in advance!!