2021 Warlock v6 w/ 3.55 vs 2022 V6 w/ 3.21

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudewhofishes

Reaction score
I am currently shopping around for used warlocks and ive come across two that I like. One is a 2021 Warlock v6 w/ 3.55 rear axle and one is a 2022 v6 w/ 3.21 rear. Most of my driving will be highway with the occasional camping trip towing a 3.5k camper (maybe once a month in the summer/fall months). Am i reading the charts right that states the 3.21 max trailer weight is around 6200lbs and the 3.55 is 7200? I thought the 3.55 gives significantly better towing? Thanks!

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am currently shopping around for used warlocks and ive come across two that I like. One is a 2021 Warlock v6 w/ 3.55 rear axle and one is a 2022 v6 w/ 3.21 rear. Most of my driving will be highway with the occasional camping trip towing a 3.5k camper (maybe once a month in the summer/fall months). Am i reading the charts right that states the 3.21 max trailer weight is around 6200lbs and the 3.55 is 7200? I thought the 3.55 gives significantly better towing? Thanks!
Well, according to the info you posted, you have your answer. Last I checked, 7200 > 6200. Unless you don't consider 1/2 ton more weight capacity to be 'significantly better'.

Edit: Also, something to consider, and yes I know a higher fuel bill is also a result, but getting a bigger engine (as in 8 cyl, over 6) would be helpful if you plan on towing. My Warlock actually came with the towing package, which on mine, included different trailer 'profiles', I think up to 3, and the factory installed trailer brake controller. If both of these vehicles you are looking at already have that, then you are more than halfway there. If not, you should consider the additional cost of getting a trailer brake controller installed as well in your final total.

Additionally, the 3.5 covers the trailer weight, of which both those vehicles seem to be OK for, but you also need to remember the camping gear that will be in the camper, as well as what you would possibly also bring in your truck. All vehicles have a GVWR which needs to be taken into consideration. In your case, I believe that everything in and attached to the vehicle would add to. So, the camper/camping supplies in the camper, in the truck, and I don't know if they consider the people who would be driving or riding in the vehicle as a part of that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dudewhofishes

Reaction score
The charts I've found just say ram 1500. Not sure if Bighorn, Warlock, etc are all lumped into that or not.

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are some sites out there that have the ability to break it down to specific models within the weight range, IIRR. So you could look up a 1500 Warlock, then go look up a 1500 Longhorn, etc. If those sites have the same info other than the type of truck (Warlock, etc.) then that is as good.

I would tend to guess that if the list breaks it down to 1500, then that likely applies to every one in otherwise similar outfit. E.g. 2x4 or 4x4. engine, quad cab, whatever.