2WD Front Suspension at Different Angles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
My apologize in advance as I know very little about 3rd gen suspension lol

So I got under the truck today chasing a suspension pop and I noticed something new—the angles for the upper ball joints are different between the two sides. Basically, the hole for the upper ball joint in the spindles are at completely different angles. The drivers side ball joint is pretty close to vertical, while the passenger side has a noticeable slope to it
C13FA7C7-69E9-4EB0-AA69-D27CC53BC9FA.jpegE45FBAA6-B38B-44D6-98C2-CEE11511E983.jpeg
(Pictures don’t really show the stark difference too well, i’ll try and get some better ones later)

After a bit more looking, I also noticed the lower control arms were at completely different angles as well. The passenger side lower control arm was near parallel to the ground, while the drivers side had a bit of a downward slope to it

The upper control arms were bought and replaced as a pair, as were the lower ball joints. I will note that I do have 2.5” leveling spacers placed above the springs. Both spindles are OEM and confirmed the part numbers. Had an alignment done after the last major suspension work

Is this how they’re supposed to be? I don’t know suspension all too well but I don’t feel the angles should be THAT much different