4.7 Fuel Pressure sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice. I have a 2013 RAM 1500 with 4.7 V8. I had a check engine light and it has been determined that the fuel pressure sensor is bad. Sounded like a simple fix until I called the local dealership and found out that Mopar no longer makes the part. Yes, apparantly they just said screw you to all of us who have trucks that arent brand new. I called Ram customer service, only to be told to "check the local junk yards" because the part was discontinued. I haven't been able to find an aftermarket supplier either. I guess my question is, has anyone else here had this same experience? And did you find an aftermarket sensor? Or am I doomed to now drive a truck with only 70,000 miles on it with the check engine light on. I can't believe a manufacturer would quit making parts for their vehicles without first making sure there is an aftermarket option. I have bought my last Ram / Dodge product.

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice. I have a 2013 RAM 1500 with 4.7 V8. I had a check engine light and it has been determined that the fuel pressure sensor is bad. Sounded like a simple fix until I called the local dealership and found out that Mopar no longer makes the part. Yes, apparantly they just said screw you to all of us who have trucks that arent brand new. I called Ram customer service, only to be told to "check the local junk yards" because the part was discontinued. I haven't been able to find an aftermarket supplier either. I guess my question is, has anyone else here had this same experience? And did you find an aftermarket sensor? Or am I doomed to now drive a truck with only 70,000 miles on it with the check engine light on. I can't believe a manufacturer would quit making parts for their vehicles without first making sure there is an aftermarket option. I have bought my last Ram / Dodge product.

Not sure it's 100% accurate, but for 20$ it may be worth a shot.

The Ebay drop downs, when I select your truck, year and engine, shows the same part that fits the Hemi trucks as fitting your 4.7.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Steve77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for the information, I'll look into it. Do they show the part as being interchangeable between the 4.7 and 5.7? Ive seen several sensors available for the 5.7 but when I enter my info it says that it wont fit the 4.7. Thanks again.

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Of course, I can't actually confirm anything, but i've been through this same thing recently with my electric power steering rack/pinion.

According to the local Ram dealer, the rack/pinion for my 2013 was discontinued, and unavailable. I asked the guy, "so, what, I just need to scrap the truck? Like, it can't be fixed?", and his reply was that they could get me a good deal on a new truck!

I saw on other websites that the same aftermarket rack/pinion part numbers were listed as fitting everything from a 2013 up to 2021 Ram classics.

So, i took a chance and paid 2 grand for a new rack/pinion that was listed for 2021 Ram Classic.

It's been working perfectly for about 4 months so far! 2000$ was a big risk, but it paid off.

OP
OP
S

Steve77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow! Ive had the same response from multiple dealers. I said the same thing, So, I'm supposed to get rid of my 70,000 mile truck because of a 100 dollar sensor? I have no idea what has happened to common sense anymore. Thank you for your response, and the information.

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Wow! Ive had the same response from multiple dealers. I said the same thing, So, I'm supposed to get rid of my 70,000 mile truck because of a 100 dollar sensor? I have no idea what has happened to common sense anymore. Thank you for your response, and the information.

Whatever you try and whatever the results, please follow up and and post back here. I'm very curious, as it seems to be Ram's MO to discontinue needed common parts.

OP
OP
S

Steve77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will do. Thanks again. And if you find out any more info, id sure appreciate if youd let me know.

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Will do. Thanks again. And if you find out any more info, id sure appreciate if youd let me know.

I went to the site I used to determine that the 2021 Rack/Pinion would work in my 2013, and entered your 4.7 liter truck info, to see what it lists as fitting.

Here is the site. McKinney, TX Ram:

To condense a long story, into short form, They show 3 part numbers for your truck. You can see at the top of the listing highlighted and in green text, that it indicates these parts fit the 4.7L truck.

First, the oldest is 68210330AA. It appears to have been superceded by 2 newer part numbers:
1719375764470.png

Next: Is 68210332AA, which is the 2nd newest version. It was superceded by 68210338AA.

1719375940767.png

Since most every other site ive seen, including Ebay lists 68210332AA as fitting the 5.7 Hemi, I doubt there is any difference between the Hemi and 4.7 fuel pressure sensor.

Of course, this assumes that this is actually the part you need, and that my research has been correct. I've been wrong before.

All of the aftermarket sensors from Ebay, Amazon, etc, show them as being direct replacements for OEM 68210332AA. So, most likely the aftermarket versions will work with both the 4.7 an 5.7 Hemi.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Steve77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for the research and information. I'll try to update and let everyone know if it does work. I sure hope it does.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gambler69