4th Gen 2017 Tradesman Power Mirror Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rskew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For anyone wanting to upgrade a 4th Gen RAM 1500 to power folding mirrors, please see this thread. I have a 2017 tradesman and I just successfully upgraded my mirrors. I got power folding mirrors off of a 2016 truck, door modules from a 2020 ram classic with power folding mirrors from a salvage yard, and a switch bank with the power folding mirror button from someone off of Facebook marketplace.

This successfully worked for me, all I had to do was install it and then plug in CDA(I’m a Stellantis/Chrysler employee so I have the program) and I went into the BCM module within CDA, and went into “vehicle configurations 5(Door)” within read/write data section.
Once in this vehicle configurations 5(Door) area, there were lists of features, and power folding mirrors were “not set” and all I did was change that to “set” and that worked. Same for the puddle lights/mirror turn signal lights.
I realize not many people have CDA if any at all, so if you are in the metro detroit area I have no problem with coming to help out!

Main point of this was to show any parts from any applicable model year will work. They don’t have to be super specific part numbers. Like I said, mirrors off of a 2016, door modules off of a 2020 ram classic, random switch bank that can work for multiple dodge and jeep vehicle families

Abnsapper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2015, 2018
Engine
I have a 2018 tradesman and all I had to do was get the correct mirror, door switch bank that has the power fold option and then program with alphaobd. Why did you purchase new modules?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martinitime