8 spd transmission or transfer case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have a 2019 1500 classic 5.7 Hemi with 8HP70 trans transfer case not sure what one it is the switch to change it to 4x4 has a 2H N 4LOCK 4LOW

so now you have info on truck here is what happened yesterday
leaving a parking lot moving slow turned the steering wheel to turn out heard a loud clunk and truck went into 4X4 and the switch on dash still said 2H got it to go back in to 2H got home has anyone have this happen and if so what was it !?

I scand it when i got home here are the codes I pulled U1477 what is it?
any help would be nice !
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If I remember correctly the actuator on the front axle has a sensor/switch that in part reports that the truck is in 4X4.
The U1477 is a transmission communication code, do you have anything aftermarket (power steps, remote start, OBD reader, etc) plugged into the CANbus? Those can sometimes cause intermittent comm issues

OP
OP
Jim BB

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If I remember correctly the actuator on the front axle has a sensor/switch that in part reports that the truck is in 4X4.
The U1477 is a transmission communication code, do you have anything aftermarket (power steps, remote start, OBD reader, etc) plugged into the CANbus? Those can sometimes cause intermittent comm issues
The only thing i have added was Factory remote start. I bought the remote start kit from my local dealership and installed my self and used ALFA OBD to activate . but it has been in the truck for over a month. the issue has only happened once and that was yesterday