8HP TMU cutaway and bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been playing around with this lately and I know there's a lot of you curious on just how it works and looks, so here ya go:

Red arrow shows the port where fluid enters the TMU from the trans.
Blue arrow shows fluid exiting the TMU manifold into the heat exchanger (heater)
Blue circle is heated fluid returning from heat exchanger which then reenters the trans
Green arrow shows fluid leaving the TMU manifold going to the trans cooler/ac condenser up front.
Green circle is cooled fluid returning from the cooler reentering the trans.

markup.jpg

This cutaway shows what's packed into this housing as factory, plastic cap and thermostat inplace (fluid routing to heater):

stock.jpg

Here you see the bypass valve installed. Fluid flows only through cooler circuit, heater circuit is blocked

bypass.jpg

Here you see the bypass installed WITH the new aluminum cap I'll have available shortly. No telling where the restriction in this system is now, but it is decidedly NOT here. MUCH more open in this arrangement.

bypass cap.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacksonno2