AFE Shorty Header

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wadejesu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anybody installed these yet ?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We have had a few customers install these and they liked them. Not as big of a power gain as long tubes but they are a very good shorty header.

Let me know if you would like to order a set. Send me a message for a quote.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Anybody installed these yet ?

Yes, we installed these on @the_goodguy07 's 17" Ram and they are awesome, I will eventually get them for my truck too ... installation was very easy, only hard part was extracting a broken bolt from the passenger's side ...

Get them!!!

OP
OP
Wadejesu

Wadejesu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I have ordered thru Nick ,paid for, but can't get tracking info , AFE HAS NO RECORD of order. My old exhaust is off and truck is just sitting in shop. I'm not getting a warm fuzzy. Anybody got any input on dealing with Gotechaust

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Well I have ordered thru Nick ,paid for, but can't get tracking info , AFE HAS NO RECORD of order. My old exhaust is off and truck is just sitting in shop. I'm not getting a warm fuzzy. Anybody got any input on dealing with Gotechaust
Don't worry, he'll have the tracking number once "he" gets it ... takes a few days sometimes, I have dealt with him and hes good about it all ... give him time

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
After further review its not Nick's fault. AFE hit with COVID THEY have my order. But it's delayed SOL
It took them a while to get my buddies processed as well ... he actually went and picked them up personally since AFE is just down the street from us but you should be getting them soon, I wouldn't worry

OP
OP
Wadejesu

Wadejesu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Received Headers, Did not come with EGR gasket, Remflex gaskets do not cover entire flange plate to cylinder head, the passenger side hits the frame and will not bolt up cleanly to head, I have a 2019 Ram 3500 2wd and it's suppose to fit but doesn't. waiting to hear back from AFE. almost 1000.00 for headers, 2 weeks down time and still can't drive truck, Oh happy days!

OP
OP
Wadejesu

Wadejesu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did not hear back from AFE, Wrote a review on their website and they deleted it, decided to give it another go, I pinched the #6 Cly tube so it was kinda oval to clear frame near engine mount. Used OEM gaskets as the Remflex was too thick and moved header closer to frame. Not sure about 5.7's in the 1500's but there is very little room to maneuver. I wouldn't try this on a garage floor with jack stands, I have a lift in my shop. Install tips: Kit comes with regular non shoulder bolts, Not sure why only 18 you need 20, Best to get real header bolts with a 10mm head for easier unstall, also exhaust flange bolts were too long and only threaded part way, I used ARP fasteners for the headers and ARP 3/8 24 3 inch for the flange, Kit does not come with EGR gasket so you need to order one. You don't need to remove exhaust pipes, you can slide header between pipes and frame. Thread chase all wholes and clean, use lube, wrenching is tight, some bolt holes were off a little so I drilled out inner mounting holes to 3/8 inch and left outer holes as is to keep gasket lined up. They do sound good and it feels like more power, I have a Livernois tuner so I might could get a little more HP. What a PIA to install!

jb338

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
We have had a few customers install these and they liked them. Not as big of a power gain as long tubes but they are a very good shorty header.

Let me know if you would like to order a set. Send me a message for a quote.
wish they made them for 2006 2500 5.7