Alfa OBD and Increasing Idle RPM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
Can I increase my idle rpm using AlfaOBD on my 2017 Ram? Has anyone done that before?

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
This is a series of test rpm settings for performing various diagnostic tests. They are not permanenet. I even talked to Alexi about a year ago, because I wanted to increase the idle rpm on my 6.4 so i have higher oil pressure at idle. Just bumping it 100 rpm makes a big difference. He researced it, could not come up with a way to do it unfortunately. I have been hoping he would post an updated option with that in it.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Can I increase my idle rpm using AlfaOBD on my 2017 Ram? Has anyone done that before?

AlfaOBD can't do it. Technically it could, Easy for Alexi to program it. But it's in a protected area. Which AlfaOBD doesn't deal with.
It only touch's things that are options/diag/logs. You would need fully unlocked PCM to change it/save it. Then get something like HP Tuner or other tuning software.