Alfaobd and idle speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heatstud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone ever used Alfaobd to boost their idle speed to 900 like the app says you can? This is simply to keep it up for oil pressure at idle. I feel the drops of gas wasted over time are cheaper than a cam and lifter swap.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone ever used Alfaobd to boost their idle speed to 900 like the app says you can? This is simply to keep it up for oil pressure at idle. I feel the drops of gas wasted over time are cheaper than a cam and lifter swap.

AlfaOBD will not help you boost the idle speed. AFAIK, the only method is a custom tune with a Diablo tuner or the like.

There are many threads on the cam/lifter issues and there are many different considerations and mitigation plans.

Try searching for ram tick or cam lifter problems using the search feature in the upper right corner.

You can also search the AlfaOBD thread below for the different options available.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@RAMdriver is correct. AlfaOBD won't do that. Not sure a step up to 900 RPM ide is a good idea. A step to 700 (+- 50) is sufficient

I had to get a tuner (DiabloSport in my case. HP does it too) to raise RPM at idle. And being a newer than '13 Hemi, had to also get an unlocked PCU. Your '09 does not need an unlocked PCU, as it's not locked as it is..

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Heatstud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you all for the input. It doesn’t tick at this point, but I feel the inevitability…