AlfaObd and Obdlink MX+ systems access priblem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kmstreaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hi all. I have a 2018 Ram 2500 Cummins for which I've purchased both the AlfaObd for android and an Obdlink MX+ along with a security bypass cable. I can connect the AlfaObd to the MX+ via bluetooth but have not had any luck accessing any of my trucks systems, modules or computers. The AlfaObd make 4 attempts and then times out no matter which system I try to access. The security bypass cable works as it was used to program a new key fob at a local battery place (they couldn't program it until I purchased the bypass cable). So, am I missing a step or something....what am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help that can be offered, Rob

Matt Jackson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had trouble connecting with alfaobd initially, have you tried extending the parameters on the access time? Also ensure the bypass cable is plugged in to the cambus all the way aswell as the obd port.

What are using to access it with, windows or android?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevo5441