Alpha OBD won't access abs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I purchased Alpha OBD and the OBDLink LX for my 2012 1500. I need to do an ABS bleed after I replace the abs module and pump. When I try to access the ABS function, Alpha OBD gives me a connection failure message after 4 attempts. I can access functions like body computer and instrument panel. I selected the OBDlink LX because it was on the supported vehicle list from Alpha OBD. Would the MX+ dongle solve this problem?
Thanks,
Dan

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased Alpha OBD and the OBDLink LX for my 2012 1500. I need to do an ABS bleed after I replace the abs module and pump. When I try to access the ABS function, Alpha OBD gives me a connection failure message after 4 attempts. I can access functions like body computer and instrument panel. I selected the OBDlink LX because it was on the supported vehicle list from Alpha OBD. Would the MX+ dongle solve this problem?
Thanks,
Dan

Are you attempting to use this LX Bluetooth with an Android phone or tablet?

I use AlfaOBD with Windows and a hardline USB interface, OBDlink SX. I don't trust the Android OS to be suitable for the task.

If the OBDlink LX is listed as suitable for AlfaOBD, you could write to Alexey for support.
[email protected]

And, welcome.gif to Ram Forum. :cool:

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks,
Dan

No you don't need to change to different OBD connector.

Just to make sure. you changed the ABS module to new one ?

If so, you need to initialization module first. Have you tried that ? Or is that part that is failing ?

You can't do the bleeding until you do the Init.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If so, you need to initialization module first.

The OP stated that he can't maintain a connection.

Without establishing and maintaining a successful connection, no changes or alterations will be available with AlfaOBD.

It sounds like he may have access to certain BCM functions via LS Can bus only.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The OP stated that he can't maintain a connection.

Without establishing and maintaining a successful connection, no changes or alterations will be available with AlfaOBD.

It sounds like he may have access to certain BCM functions via LS Can bus only.

He didn't say that.

He said
/Quote
When I try to access the ABS function, Alpha OBD gives me a connection failure message after 4 attempts
/Quote

If you put a new module, and don't do initialization. You can't connect to it. Which is why I asked him if he did it first.

Revinvoss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L V8
I have the same issue with linking up to the ABS, I thought you would have to link up with it to initialize it?
How do you initialize the ABS module?