Battery Load Testers at Canadian Tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
damn too bad you don't have Harbor Freights
View attachment 544126
That's the one I have, but I forget what I paid for it. But with the exchange rate the Canada Tire load tester is under $28 USD. So it's not as bad as it looks at first glance.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's a pension? :(

I paid into a private pension for more than 3 decades, they're legally obligated to pay me.

I just hope that once I opt to receive my government pension, I still get what was promised.

Although I paid into the government pension, the present-day fools may blow all the funds and they'll just say, too bad for you.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
I paid into a private pension for more than 3 decades, they're legally obligated to pay me.

I just hope that once I opt to receive my government pension, I still get what was promised.

Although I paid into the government pension, the present-day fools may blow all the funds and they'll just say, too bad for you.

I have a very good retirement portfolio. It just doesn't include a pension.

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7

If you have a bridge benefit on your pension plan it only lasts until age 65 when your OAS will kick in ... You'll probably lose a bit, but not much ...

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have a bridge benefit on your pension plan it only lasts until age 65 when your OAS will kick in ... You'll probably lose a bit, but not much ...

AFAIK, my pension will continue in full until I'm put in the ground or inflation and thefts from the government reduce the value to nothing. :cool:

And, after I'm gone, if any value remains (see above) my ex will receive a healthy amount until she expires.

Last edited:

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Didn't GM screw a bunch of the workers out of full pensions some years ago?like 60-70% or something.
Think it was around 06-09 area maybe when they filed chapter 11.
Edit.
Oh man I just searched it..
UAW,Delphi..couple others...heart goes out to those folks.

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
AFAIK, my pension will continue in full until I'm put in the ground or inflation and thefts from the government reduce the value to nothing. :cool:

And, after I'm gone, if any value remains (see above) my ex will receive a healthy amount until she expires.

My pension is for life as well and if I leave before my spouse she gets 67% for the rest of her days ... Mine contained the bridge benefit I mentioned until I was 65 as I retired just before I turned 60 ... It sort of makes up for OAS for those 5 years ...

Hagar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I retired at 57 and did 5he bridging thing, the trouble is that for those few years, it gets costly.
As far as "government" pensions are concerned, they only guarantee that you will have a pension for life..a couple of fellows that I knew did some math and discovered that they didn't start getting "government" money until nearly 10 years of retirement. Interestingly, a lot of people don't survive for 10 years after. I'm laughing because I've so far beat the odds at 18 years. NOW I'm collecting government money, or put a different way, I'm getting the benefit of the huge amount of tax that I paid over my 50 year work span.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
LOL. I get a monthly annuity from Enron and I never worked for them. Gov't made them pony up over a billion and a half $$$ to pay pensions and I worked for a company that they bought after I left, so they were on the hook for it..
That, my S/S (which is on the top of the scale) and a 3rd pension are for life and beyond. All is good.