Blinker issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thehat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a leased 23 Laramie with 6000 miles.
My left blinker stays engaged after the steering wheel has returned to the center position and has almost caused me an accident multiple times.
The dealer says I must pay a fee to check it out before they can fix it.
I do not feel this is right.
Has anyone had a similar experience?

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I have a leased 23 Laramie with 6000 miles.
My left blinker stays engaged after the steering wheel has returned to the center position and has almost caused me an accident multiple times.
The dealer says I must pay a fee to check it out before they can fix it.
I do not feel this is right.
Has anyone had a similar experience?
Find a different dealer if that is possible. This one is going to be a major pain in the butt to deal with if it starts out like this. I presume the vehicle still has full warranty, and if so that is a covered item. If you don't have access to another dealer, talk to the manager of the service department.

If you are leasing the vehicle through this same dealership then definitely talk to the service manager to come to an understanding. The whole point of a lease is so you don't have issues. It is technically their vehicle, (if you check the registration it will show the lease company as the owner, not your name on it) you are just renting it. They are responsible for repairs etc during the term of the lease.

If they keep giving you problems never lease there again and make sure the general manager of the dealership knows about your issues and that they are losing a customer. Save this part for only if you have ongoing problems. Any place can get it wrong once.

Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a 'new to me' stealership inform me that I 'might' have to pay a fee for a faulty door lock actuator assessment until it was cleared through FCA warranty.

They also told me that the FCA Canada 'Piece of mind' warranty check/synthetic oil change would cost an additional $100 over the advertised price because it was a Hemi and the advertised price indicated 'Starting from $149'.

I found another dealership that was a slight bit further away.

I paid the advertised price of $149 for the inspection/oil change and they also replaced the door lock actuator under warranty at no cost.

Most of the closer stealerships are crooks, I'm so pleased I kept searching to locate a great place.

The additional travel time is irrelevant if I'm getting great service and I will never bring my truck to those nearby thieves again.

Last edited:

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome.
Your truck warranty 3/36k/bumper to bumper started on the first in-service date. You are in the mileage range but, you may be out of the 36-month window. Once that is established then you know what warranty is in effect. I highly suspect the factory warranty is still in effect, aka no-cost repair. Give the original dealership a chance again then, try and find another RAM dealer, and as noted previously then never go back to the original and tell all your friends how you were treated.

I have read reports of a related problem similar to yours, I think there was either a recall or a TSB for that issue. I cannot remember the proper answer. I am also a member of a few RAM forums to learn. So I can't even tell you where I read this information.

Searching based on keywords/topics on the various forums may result in finding the information and potential solutions. A good old search engine topic search may also provide useful data.

Let us know how the problem is resolved for the future us/owners.

BlueHemi1500

BenchTest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just saw a new article that dropped today saying Stellantis is down 41% on their profits for the recent quarter. Lots are full everywhere around here. Nobody wants their service/product it seems. When I read stories like what's posted above, it all coincides. For a company that is struggling so much and has the lowest sales rate in the nation (and perhaps globally), this isn't going to help. We as consumers get held hostage when we buy into their BS "warranty" and "service after the sale" speeches. I've decided to buy "new to me vehicles" vs. new vehicles for this reason. Seems a LOT of failures post-2020 plandemic. Rant over, good luck @Thehat Let us know how this evolves.