Brake pads and air suspension question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
If I want to put new pads in before they wear too low, do i have to turn off the air suspension before jacking it up?

I want to just replace the pads before they do anything to the rotors (trying to get away cheap) I live in an area with a lot of hills so the brakes are in use quite a bit.

I've done many disc brakes over the years, i'm just not sure if the Ram is any different.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You can set the air suspension to transport mode or some similar setting. The name escapes me at the moment, might even be jack mode, but it'll be fairly obvious once in the suspension setting menu on the screen. I never see anybody do that or have issues as a result, but it is recomended. I know I often forget that step when I do brakes or swap wheels. Just keeps the suspension from trying to air up/down to correct the ride height while lifted up. Since jacking up usually leaves the suspension extended it may drop all the prrssure out to try and lower it. If it does it just pressures it back up once it's back on the ground and it notices.