What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installed a kicker 10" 48CVTDF102 subwoofer with Kicker 47500.1 key amp. Sounds better then I thought it would.

Attachments

• 20240906_104637.jpg
    20240906_104637.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240906_104242.jpg
    20240906_104242.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240906_131614.jpg
    20240906_131614.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240906_131627.jpg
    20240906_131627.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240906_132032.jpg
    20240906_132032.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 10

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my diablosport i3 yesterday,but worked 7am to 7pm and work today until 11am so only thing I did was update it. Going to backup the PCM and start the cross ship process so I can start tuning. Please God don't let me brick the PCM.

Last edited:

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So can anyone give some advice. Trying to get the PCM connectors off and having issues. The one closest to the passenger side came off initially,but struggled with the other. I had trouble getting the other latch up even though it was released and was almost 1/2 way up. When it went up to the point where the other side released it seemed to skip a tooth on the latch mechanism and couldn't get it off. Tried to put back the other one and when I went to latch it, it seemed to skip a tooth as well and now can't seem to get that one off. I put terminal back on and fired it up to make sure it started and ran. Is there a trick to those connectors? Also when I hooked my diablosport i3 off before this point it said reading truck and whatnot,but don't remember ever seeing a backup saved. Should write the backup before I switch to unlocked PCM. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hoping my connectors aren't screwed up now. Now I'm 2nd guessing of this was worth it. Thanks in advance.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
So can anyone give some advice. Trying to get the PCM connectors off and having issues. The one closest to the passenger side came off initially,but struggled with the other. I had trouble getting the other latch up even though it was released and was almost 1/2 way up. When it went up to the point where the other side released it seemed to skip a tooth on the latch mechanism and couldn't get it off. Tried to put back the other one and when I went to latch it, it seemed to skip a tooth as well and now can't seem to get that one off. I put terminal back on and fired it up to make sure it started and ran. Is there a trick to those connectors? Also when I hooked my diablosport i3 off before this point it said reading truck and whatnot,but don't remember ever seeing a backup saved. Should write the backup before I switch to unlocked PCM. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hoping my connectors aren't screwed up now. Now I'm 2nd guessing of this was worth it. Thanks in advance.

I've heard of this before.
Post in thread 'PCM connectors removal' https://www.ramforum.com/threads/pcm-connectors-removal.205837/post-2867662

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMG_4298.jpegIMG_4302.jpegIMG_3164.jpegOk this is a big load of percheron droppings for a 1500,I included a unloaded pic since I can’t seem to just use a ruler to keep from overloading it.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've heard of this before.
Post in thread 'PCM connectors removal' https://www.ramforum.com/threads/pcm-connectors-removal.205837/post-2867662
After looking again I'm not certain that anything actually broken. Neither seem to be moving the green and blue clips that actually lock the PCM connector to the PCM,but looking at the levers they don't seem to be missing any teeth. My only guess is the levers that lock it are slightly off and not lined up with red lever. Might take one off tomorrow just to look at the cover. Saw somewhere that spraying some lube on the connector is recommended when taking them off. The entire harness that is, not the cover with the red lever. I'm sure they're still on from factory 7 or 8 years ago.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I was gonna say F it and send it back,but I bought it through American trucks and they will not allow tuners to be returned. I'm just afraid if something gets damaged to the point I can't drive my truck, not so much the tubing process,but the PCM connectors. I thought taking the PCM off was going to be the easy part.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I was gonna say F it and send it back,but I bought it through American trucks and they will not allow tuners to be returned. I'm just afraid if something gets damaged to the point I can't drive my truck, not so much the tubing process,but the PCM connectors. I thought taking the PCM off was going to be the easy part.
Taking the PCM off my '16 to install a Diablo unlocked PCM took longer to disconnect the battery, than swap the PCM. On some trucks, the handle on the latch will only pull up so far before one needs to wiggle the connector at the same time while pulling up the handle. Sometimes those pins don't want to slide out of the sockets too easily. Hence the electronics cleaner / lube.

But as you found out, need to make the backup 1st. I kept my OEM PCM and sent them a good spare I got for $60 on fleabay. That way I have all the OEM programming and PCM on the shelf, just i case.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Taking the PCM off my '16 to install a Diablo unlocked PCM took longer to disconnect the battery, than swap the PCM. On some trucks, the handle on the latch will only pull up so far before one needs to wiggle the connector at the same time while pulling up the handle. Sometimes those pins don't want to slide out of the sockets too easily. Hence the electronics cleaner / lube.

But as you found out, need to make the backup 1st. I kept my OEM PCM and sent them a good spare I got for $60 on fleabay. That way I have all the OEM programming and PCM on the shelf, just i case.
How can I verify that my diablosport backed up my stock PCM? I don't want to install the diablosport PCM only to find out that my stock PCM didn't install the backup on the diablosport.

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
So I searched the forum for a thread like this and didn't find anything. I figured it would be fun to have a thread that everyone can watch what everyone is doing each week.

This week I put on Steelcraft nerf bars, and right now I'm getting the permaplating put on the truck. This way it gets a real good bath.
Spent a few hours to wash & wax, supposed to be nice for a while & the wax was overdue.
Looks pretty good if I take the pic. from far enough away, but at 10 years old happy with how the paint/clear coat has held up.

Attachments

• IMG_9648.jpeg
    IMG_9648.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9651.jpeg
    IMG_9651.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 4

ffeschjeff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After vacation travel I decided to pull my RAM factory running boards, and the lower valence off the front bumper. Up to 16 inches of clearance on the front with my Bil's at 2.1, 275/60R20's. Now I wanna up the size of my tires and go smaller wheels but my BFG KO2's are like brand new. Haha

38" up front and 39 1/4 in back

Attachments

• 20240909_160723.jpg
    20240909_160723.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240909_160750.jpg
    20240909_160750.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 9

RealTruck

Reaction score
After vacation travel I decided to pull my RAM factory running boards, and the lower valence off the front bumper. Up to 16 inches of clearance on the front with my Bil's at 2.1, 275/60R20's. Now I wanna up the size of my tires and go smaller wheels but my BFG KO2's are like brand new. Haha

38" up front and 39 1/4 in back
Running smaller wheels and sizing up your tires would definitely give your Ram a more aggressive look, plus better off-road capability! I get the dilemma though, especially having those new BFG KO2's on there.

ffeschjeff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Running smaller wheels and sizing up your tires would definitely give your Ram a more aggressive look, plus better off-road capability! I get the dilemma though, especially having those new BFG KO2's on there.
Yeah I'd like to do a 17 or 18. Just can't decide on a tire size if I wanna stay around 33" or go alittle bigger.

Camera

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I searched the forum for a thread like this and didn't find anything. I figured it would be fun to have a thread that everyone can watch what everyone is doing each week.

This week I put on Steelcraft nerf bars, and right now I'm getting the permaplating put on the truck. This way it gets a real good bath.
I did the air suspension swap to struts/shocks. Ordered the kit from AirDelete.com - Bilstein with the heavier Bilstein rear . Learned about OBD - learned to use the OBDLinkMX+ and the AlfaOBD to clear out the truck ‘brain’ so it no longer believes it had Air Suspension and stopped throwing the error codes. I loved the air suspension - nursed it for a while - but once it got to the point of chasing repairs ( and long wait for replacement parts) - I decided to swap it out. Mechanic said the Air delete fit nicely . 2016 Rebel - with 120,000+ miles — I figure I got good use of the Air Ride ( used it all the time hauling, towing, off road- and like the entry level for driving my drunken friends ) I am very happy with the ride- and relieved to be done worrying about air suspension problems

stenerson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 VVT
I changed the Evaporative Emissions System Leak Detection Pump on my 2018 Ram.
It fixed the Gas cap Loose message on dash and the 0456/0457 DTC codes.

Last edited:

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So quick question, does anyone know if Diablo needs the PCM part number from the software update or the original part number? My PCM was updated and has an updated calibration id. I tried reaching out to Diablo,but since I work during their hours calling won't work unless I'm off. They didn't answer me after I asked via Facebook after Mike had been super helpful. With previous queries. They only said that it shows the number on their website and where to find it. I said, the example didn't have a software update and needed to know which number for the swap and didn't receive a response. Couldn't find an answer via Google or here on the forum. Thanks in advance gentlemen!