Bugs and rock chips on the hood options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
You can do what they call a full wrap. So the entire car can have X-Pel on it. Most shops should be able to customize what you would like done. So yes to answer your question the film will protect it from minor door chips. Dents no.

Last edited:

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I will add this, I have seen X-Pel get destroyed by hitting something and it not even leave a mark on the paint. Customer just had to get it replaced. Its good tough stuff.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A full PPF wrap is north of a few thousand dollars.
Jay

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
A full PPF wrap is north of a few thousand dollars.
Jay
Yes but if you plan on keeping it its worth it. Most services like that report it to carfax so there is record it was done. The program I use Urable reports the vehicle being detailed to carfax. Its pretty cool.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I realize that you do "high-end" detail work and I assume that your clientele can afford to have their complete vehicle wrapped for thousands of dollars. I also assume that for most of us "common folks," that would be out of our price range unless you are lucky enough to own a TRX. If I had the disposable income, I agree with you--a full wrap would be a great thing to invest in.
Jay

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I realize that you do "high-end" detail work and I assume that your clientele can afford to have their complete vehicle wrapped for thousands of dollars. I also assume that for most of us "common folks," that would be out of our price range unless you are lucky enough to own a TRX. If I had the disposable income, I agree with you--a full wrap would be a great thing to invest in.
Jay
It is definitely isn't cheap, but it is a worth while investment. I usually suggest is as soon as you buy a new vehicle and or plan on keeping it longer than 3 years.