Can i swap from tow mirrors to something else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moodysj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently purchased a 24 Longhorn 1500. Love everything about it except the tow mirrors. Can I swap these out for the standard premium mirrors?

91rt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are they the same tow mirrors coming on the HD trucks? I am not sold yet on these new tow mirrors.....they just look huge to me.

OP
OP
moodysj

moodysj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are they the same tow mirrors coming on the HD trucks? I am not sold yet on these new tow mirrors.....they just look huge to me.
Not sure, but I would guess so. The glass measures 7" x 11". They are big, even bigger when they stand vertical for towing, but they do the job; you can see really well. However at night they collect a lot of light from headlights behind you. That's where I miss the auto dimming feature

91rt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure, but I would guess so. The glass measures 7" x 11". They are big, even bigger when they stand vertical for towing, but they do the job; you can see really well. However at night they collect a lot of light from headlights behind you. That's where I miss the auto dimming feature
Yea they look big on the heavy duty trucks so I can imagine they look huge on a half ton. I miss the old flip style but I hate change so they might warm up to me after a few years.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It sounds like you have a "classic" ram 1500 (the old body style)? The new style tow mirrors do not flip up, the extend out.

Your best bet is to find someone that wants to swap with you, I'm sure someone would love to have tow mirrors. Just be aware there that while other "classic" mirrors will bolt up there are several different flavors as far as functions so make sure you find one compatible with your options. Heated, memory, etc.