Chrysler customer service layoffs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
Very strange occurrence happened this past couple weeks.
We have a Jeep Renegade, two weeks out of warranty and supposedly needs two front struts for knocking noise. 28,000mls. Cost? $1800, for parts you can buy after market for $350, pair.
Contacted Chrysler to see if they could help. Got a case number, then……….nothing. Contacted again. Case Manager assigned, no longer with them! New Case Manager……. Nothing! Called today, she told me she was LEAVING today as well and a new person would take up case and call me……yeah right!
So what’s going on at Chrysler? Are they laying off white collar workers there too?
I’d rather it was fixed by FCA if they are gonna pay for it, if not, TELL me and I’ll go elsewhere for a LOT cheaper. Less than $700 parts and labour.

This is almost at the stage of f@&k it, forget the whole thing!

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm not seeing anything on white collar specifically but there are a number of recent (past week) articles talking about new layoffs. Mostly referring to some plant that is getting rid of their second shift production, but its only natural that some of the support staff would go as well.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
There has be en a software hack that most all dealers use for selling Ana service , this is a national problem.

On the news this morning they said there is no time frame on when it will be corrected.

They are doing sales paperwork by hand , and services are postponed or nonexistent.

rbackrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Very strange occurrence happened this past couple weeks.
We have a Jeep Renegade, two weeks out of warranty and supposedly needs two front struts for knocking noise. 28,000mls. Cost? $1800, for parts you can buy after market for $350, pair.
Contacted Chrysler to see if they could help. Got a case number, then……….nothing. Contacted again. Case Manager assigned, no longer with them! New Case Manager……. Nothing! Called today, she told me she was LEAVING today as well and a new person would take up case and call me……yeah right!
So what’s going on at Chrysler? Are they laying off white collar workers there too?
I’d rather it was fixed by FCA if they are gonna pay for it, if not, TELL me and I’ll go elsewhere for a LOT cheaper. Less than $700 parts and labour.

This is almost at the stage of f@&k it, forget the whole thing!

I similar experience today 6/27/24 .I have had all 3 inspections on my 2009 Ram , most recent was 6/5/24 and they found a trans leak . It was scheduled for repair today but the dealership said it could not be done my warranty expired. mind you ,this is the 1st claim. Needless to say I am highly upset!
then I called Chrysler to find out why it had expired. the agent gave me several reasons none of which were true , she verified that. 5yr. inspections were done on time. She proceeds to say I didn't have an inspection on the date of purchase 6/30/2009. I exclaimed why would I do that I just bought said vehicle. I asked for someone else to talk with , she said she was the only one that could help me. I asked for paperwork to be emailed but to no avail. only verbal communication. Like You if I cant get this warranty reinstated I will never buy this Brand. looking for a class action right now.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
There has be en a software hack that most all dealers use for selling Ana service , this is a national problem.

On the news this morning they said there is no time frame on when it will be corrected.

They are doing sales paperwork by hand , and services are postponed or nonexistent.
I dropped my 2500 off on Monday for warranty work on a leaky rear main seal. They told me they were about 3 days behind, so I expect a call today or Monday telling me to go get it.

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

The dealer I go to is still doing service work was there yesterday for some warranty work on my challenger. They are doing all paperwork by hand once the system is back up have to enter everything into the computer. They have hige stacks of paperwork.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Plenty of white collar layoffs, from what I have read/heard. Now they are talking about selling off the Auburn Hills headquarters, as unnecessary.

davis_jen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The dealer I go to is still doing service work was there yesterday for some warranty work on my challenger. They are doing all paperwork by hand once the system is back up have to enter everything into the computer. They have hige stacks of paperwork.
That must be intense

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Plenty of white collar layoffs, from what I have read/heard. Now they are talking about selling off the Auburn Hills headquarters, as unnecessary.
Yep, this was reported here and/or other Ram forums a month or two ago. Big layoff's of their white collar workers.