Cooling fan continues to run.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found another truck just like mine and looked at the fuse box (TIPM). No 80 amp fuse and fan worked fine. Since I replaced my fan, I left the 80 out and went for a drive. Fan kicked on just like it was suppose to without the 80 amp fuse in place. Not sure why Dodge/Ram made it like this unless they use the same TIPM on other vehicles which may use the 80. I consider problem solved. If someone is having cooling/fan problems, I suggest putting in the fuse or at least jumping the 80 terminals. If your fan doesn't come on, tap on the motor and see if it comes on. If so, you know you have a bad fan. I tapped on my old one and it started working. Just for kicks, I took it apart and found the brushes were shot. I guess you could replace the brushes but did not look like an easy job with the way the motor is made. Thanks for the help and comments.

Nice work and thanks for the update.

You have now opened my mind to endless possibilities for future troubleshooting.
As you say, they must have standardized (somewhat) the use of the same TIPM across many models.

You would think they would have had some type of failsafe to prevent what you experienced. :rolleyes: